Florsheim Veblen - $35 at MyHabit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florsheim Veblen - $35 at MyHabit

Just like the title says--Veblens are $35 at MyHabit, and shipping is free (although returns are $4 if they don't work out). Last time I checked, they were available in the "rust" and "wine" colors in a reasonable number of sizes:

http://www.myhabit.com/#page=d&dept=...=qd_men_sr_1_1

I have Veblens in wine and Havilands (same shoe, rubber sole) in brown crazy horse, and I like them both. I've written elsewhere on this forum that the build quality on these shoes tends to be pretty atrocious, and I stand by that. But they're still worth owning for the $80 or so I paid for each pair, and for $35 its a no brainer.

I ordered a pair in rust because that's all that was left in my size. If there's a pair of wine-colored shoes in your size, I highly, highly recommend that you buy a pair. Maybe two.

I jumped on this a few days ago. Like you said, seems to be a no brainer for $35.

Comment

Anyone know if these run narrow/wide?

Comment

Originally posted by 850csi View Post
        Anyone know if these run narrow/wide?
        They run wide.

Comment

holy crap, how'd i miss this? let me know if you see people flipping them at a decent price.

Comment

Mine fit me weird in the heel. I have an 11.5 in merlot that I will send to someone for 35 plus w.e. it costs to ship

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
              Mine fit me weird in the heel. I have an 11.5 in merlot that I will send to someone for 35 plus w.e. it costs to ship
              damn if it was a 10 or 10.5 you'd have a deal.

Comment

Right shoe? I ordered a pair back when they were $75 and the heel on the right shoe was just gaping open. I sent them back as defective. I wonder if they disagreed and resold them.

My rust pair arrives tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be problems.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                  Right shoe? I ordered a pair back when they were $75 and the heel on the right shoe was just gaping open. I sent them back as defective. I wonder if they disagreed and resold them.

My rust pair arrives tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be problems.
                  Sent them back to myhabit? or florshiem?

Comment

Back to Myhabit. Where did you get yours?

Comment

Same.

Comment

Rust came in a couple days ago. For $35 I think they are a good buy. Leather does not seem to be the highest quality though. The heel feels awful "high" too. Would never pay full price for these but for $35 you could do a lot worse.

Comment

Agreed. Wearing the Rust versions for the first time today. The pair I have in Wine has much higher quality leather. Still a great deal for 35 bucks, especially when you consider what else is out there under ~$100 (JCP oxfords, Cole Haans, etc.)

Comment

Same.
                            So was it the right shoe gaping open? I'm really curious now.

For what it's worth, return shipping is free for defective products. I'd just return them as defective.

I've had to order multiple Florsheim longwings (from different sources) before winding up with two pairs I could keep, and I only think one of those pairs (my Havilands) should have passed QC at a respectable company. I really, truly, think the attention to detail is deplorable on these shoes. That said, I like the fit and the styling enough that I'm willing to overlook quite a bit if the price is right.

Interestingly, before I bought my first pair I did some research on various forums, and from the pictures posted when the shoes first came out, it looks like the quality used to be much better. Which is probably how the shoes built up their cult status. I can only assume that either (1) Florsheim greatly relaxed its standards over time, or (2) all of the shoes currently being sold at clearance prices are actually seconds that aren't labeled as such.

Comment

I jumped on the wine ones at $35 and am having a similar heel experience. Now, usually shoes that fit me in the toes are kind of loose in the heel for me, but not so much that it's a problem. These, however... With the heel sitting so high plus the looseness, it's like I'm wearing flip flops. I will probably invest in some sort of padding for the sides of the heel, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X