No announcement yet.

AE Sale Starting on 2/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about complaining about Megan Fox's toe thumbs?

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com...pg?w=548&h=359

Comment

I mean the micro-creases you get where calf flexes. These eventually become holes or tears in the leather and keep calf from lasting as long as shell. Shell doesn't get micro-creases, it gets wavy. Those tongues don't look creased, they just look like bad pieces of leather.

Comment

Just ordered a pair of McTavish... <psyched>

Comment

From Amazon or the AE sale?

Comment

I gotta say, these aren't knock-out prices. I picked up a pair of strands the other day locally new for less than they want for seconds. It's cool that they have these sales, but if you're careful you can pick up new AEs for about the same price, sometimes less.

Comment

@nicholascrawford and @Jason Carreira,

My point was not that we should be fantastically anal retentive. My point was that the cordovan, on a shoe shipped directly from the factory and never worn, had creases in it. Cordovan AE shoes on eBay are similarly creased. Anyway, I don't care enough about this to get into an argument.

I might jump on this sale. I could use a new pair of shoes.

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on Walnut Strands from Amazon with 20% off. Figured the difference in paying a bit more and getting it new vs factory seconds was worth it. My biggest investment since I started rebuilding my wardrobe several months ago.

Comment

@JC - AE Sale.

Comment

I've trying to get something on eBay tonight... If I get outbid I may jump on this.

Comment

Noob question, but what's the difference on Amazon between the Strands in Walnut and the Walnut Calf? Also, how much does AE charge for shipping? I've got Amazon Prime and am wondering if the prices might be a bit closer together if they charge ~10 for shipping.

Comment

@Kenneth, I think they are the same...the one sold by Amazon says Walnut Calf and the one sold by Shoebuy on Amazon says Walnut. AE has free shipping.

Comment

@Juan - you're a lifesaver. Thanks!

Comment

OK - noob question, but can anyone explain to me what lasts are? And what seconds mean? I'm gathering that that just means the shoe is slightly flawed? Thanks!

Comment

@BC, all about lasts: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...d=-1&storeId=1. Seconds have a cosmetic flaw.

Comment

@BrownCow: Good question. I was just learning about that last week. Here's a good resource: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/AllAboutLastsView?langId=&storeId=1&catalogId=4000 0000001

Basically, the last is the foot template used. It's a good idea to go to a store and try on shoes built on different lasts and make notes on how they fit. Even writing notes in a notebook! When you see a sale online, you can refer back to a shoe made with the same last and decide if the B/C/D/etc. size would fit you best since they all have differences. A last that fits you perfectly would help you find other shoes on the same last that you might like.

Factory seconds are discontinued models or shoes with cosmetic discrepancies that prevent them from being sold retail.

Comment

Working...
                                X