Allen Edmonds. Excellent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Edmonds. Excellent!

On Long Island, NY, Nordstrom offered a sale on selected AE oxfords, especially best sellers like cap toe balmoral "Strand" for $275.00 and the "Player's Shoe" a short wing blucher for $219. Nordstrom says they "won't be undersold", so I chose to test that theory. In Riverhead, NY the AE Outlet store had the beloved Strand for 212.00 and the Player's Shoe for $179.00. I called Nordstrom's bluff because they said only if they could find the shoe online would they match it. After trying the shoe on in the AE store, paid for it there. They promised a new pair would ship no charge to my home! They arrived in 3 days by FedEx! I also advise you try a size smaller or larger, rather than just buying blind. Depending on the "last" (shoe mold), some run large and others tight. I mostly take a 10D, but the Player I bought was a 9.5 EEE!
    Last edited by GavvyB; June 20th, 2014, 01:02 AM. Reason: Misspelled words

Cool ad

Comment

It's not a bluff and it's common knowledge that Nordstrom will price match online items (with some exceptions) if you can produce the advertisement or webpage. About 8 months ago, one of the other upscale department stores was running a heavy sale and Nordstrom would match their competitors prices as long as you could show the sales associate the actual ad. They have little signs all over the store that say this.

Regards,
      Vic
      "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Working...
      X