Bonobos AMEX Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos AMEX Credit

To anyone who carries/uses a American Express card. I noticed today that one of the offers is for bonobos. You get a $50 statement credit within 90 days if you make a $150 bonobos purchase before the end of May. You'll have to sign in and activate the promotion prior to using your AMEX.

That's a small reward for signing up for a new credit card. You can get 40,000 miles signing up for a Mastercard AA which is almost 2 round trip flights.

Comment

Originally posted by sub150 View Post
      That's a small reward for signing up for a new credit card. You can get 40,000 miles signing up for a Mastercard AA which is almost 2 round trip flights.
      It is probably a note for people that use an AMEX currently. They usually have rotating deals and J. Crew pops up on a semi-regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        It is probably a note for people that use an AMEX currently. They usually have rotating deals and J. Crew pops up on a semi-regular basis.
        Ah. Totally misread the post. I did this for J. Crew and Amazon a while back. Too bad everything at Bonobos is so overpriced IMO that even 150$ for 100$ seems steep.

Comment

On a similar topic, if you have a Chase card that gets Ultimate Rewards and aren't using the UR Mall for any jcrew purchases you're missing out on a 3x bonus points reward.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
            On a similar topic, if you have a Chase card that gets Ultimate Rewards and aren't using the UR Mall for any jcrew purchases you're missing out on a 3x bonus points reward.
            I always have to remind myself about going through the UR site. I'd say most of the online shops I use have a points bonus when going that route.

Comment

Ah. Totally misread the post. I did this for J. Crew and Amazon a while back. Too bad everything at Bonobos is so overpriced IMO that even 150$ for 100$ seems steep.
              Yup, thanks for the reminder! There's a lot of dappered favorites on there with extra points as high as 5 points (nordstrom, jcp, jab, brooks bros)

Now I'm just mad I haven't been using it, especially with my little spending spree this past month!

Comment

huh, I have an Amex, but I don't see that offer

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
                  huh, I have an Amex, but I don't see that offer
                  I had to load a few offers onto my Amex before others showed up. It doesn't hurt to add on offers, so give that a try.

Comment

And that's also a small reward. It was a 100,000 miles just a few months ago.

Comment

With Shop Discover, you get 5% cash back, which is pretty solid as well. I actually prefer it to chase points. It was up to 10% cashback around the holidays. Also 5% with Urban Outfitters and Nordstrom I believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X