AE Factor Memorial day sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whomperz View Post
    I am also looking at this sale and have a few questions.

I'm going back to school and it requires professional attire. (I'm going to say that's business casual correct me if ii'm wrong)

I need some brown shoes. (Walnut?) I was looking at the AE Mcallister or Mctavish. Suggestions?

Which ones would be paired with Chinos/Pants/Denim more often? Or should I be looking at other types??

Thanks
    I have and love my walnut Strands, Daltons, and a pair of walnut double monks. That said, I'd start with a dark brown. Much more versatile and less "conspicuous".

Comment

Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
      I have and love my walnut Strands, Daltons, and a pair of walnut double monks. That said, I'd start with a dark brown. Much more versatile and less "conspicuous".
      I'd second this. Bourbon or dark/burnished brown is a better color shoe to start with (he types while wearing walnut McAllisters).

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy127 View Post
        I'd second this. Bourbon or dark/burnished brown is a better color shoe to start with (he types while wearing walnut McAllisters).
        Aren't the McTavish's a bit more causal than the McAllisters? I have the McAllisters in Burnished Brown and they are a pretty formal shoe to wear with suits slacks, etc. I have been looking at getting some McTavish's for the more business casual environment of my new job (Primarily chinos during the week and jeans on Friday). About to get some Bourbon Mora's though.
        Last edited by proslyn; May 15, 2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Bah, I couldn't do it! I wanted the strands but I just think they are too dressy for my gap lived in chinos! I also figured I shouldn't splurge since I quit my job to go to school full time. So I just ended up getting the JCP Stafford Wingtips Oxfords in Cognac!

I probably should get a darker shoe since all my browns consist of CDB in beeswax and Wolverine 1k in rust haha...

Comment

Does anyone have any info about Geary's? It looks like the shortwing version of the Sanderson except there's actually a dark brown available!

http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecon...DIM=D&SIZE=085

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
              Does anyone have any info about Geary's? It looks like the shortwing version of the Sanderson except there's actually a dark brown available!

http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecon...DIM=D&SIZE=085

Edit
              222 last like the Sanderson's

Comment

Working...
              X