AE Factor Memorial day sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Factor Memorial day sale

Just got an e-mail that ALL seconds are 15-35% off until 5/26. The Brooks Park Aves for $161 looks like a crazy good deal (http://www.aexnet.com:89/FactorySecondInventory.php).

Its a good deal but IIRC they have been as low as $150 and have been included in a 2 for $250 sales before. Albeit they were excluded from the last one.

I'm tempted but not enough to break the 90 no spend challenge rules.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
      Its a good deal but IIRC they have been as low as $150 and have been included in a 2 for $250 sales before. Albeit they were excluded from the last one.

I'm tempted but not enough to break the 90 no spend challenge rules.
      the BB and RL shoes have definitely been at $129 before (got my sandersons then). but i think that ship may have sailed since they had across the board price increases earlier this year.

side note-

Comment

I assume the prices in the online system reflect the discount?

On another note, I see some shell models in $400-something range (assuming "cordovan" coupled with the higher price mean shell and not just color). Burgundy cordovan Daltons for $466. I wonder if they'll ever do a shell seconds for $299 sale again?

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post

On another note, I see some shell models in $400-something range (assuming "cordovan" coupled with the higher price mean shell and not just color). Burgundy cordovan Daltons for $466. I wonder if they'll ever do a shell seconds for $299 sale again?
          Yes, and if the word cordovan is in the title it's the leather. If they were talking color only, it'd be listed as burgundy.

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post

That is what I'm waiting for as well. Need a pair of black Park Aves, but I'm looking to make them my first shell pair.

Comment

Fantastic new Shoebank. You can click on the shoes and see which store has them. Looks like the other site we were using was a test for the relaunched shoe bank. I don't, however, see any Brooks shoes on it at the moment.

Comment

So guys,

I want to take advantage of this sale and need an opinion on a shoe to wear with a tuxedo.

I want something more versatile than a patent leather shoe, so the Mayfairs are out.

I have small feet - Size 7 1/2, and the toe cap on Park Aves looks ridiculously small on me, so they're out.

I own black Strands and black Kenilworths. I know that the Strands have too much brogueing, so they're out. The Kenilworths are a derby, so not technically appropriate. But the patent Mayfairs are a derby. A high shine and it seems like the Kenilworths might work.

Next stop is the wholecut Hanover. It is a balmoral, but it has that chisel toe... I like them but am not sure how much other wear I'd get out of them.

The Hale. I think I'd get a lot of other use out of these, but still too much brogueing?

Fifth Aves have that single line of brogueing at the cap, making it look bigger than the Park Ave, which is good, but at $245 they're getting kinda steep...

What would you do?

Comment

Oh, Rutledges are available too. Again, a bit steep at $229.

Comment

If the Carlyles are available in your size, that may be a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by proslyn View Post
                      If the Carlyles are available in your size, that may be a good option.

Agreed, forgot about those. $245...

Comment

Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
                        Oh, Rutledges are available too. Again, a bit steep at $229.
                        They're worth it, IMO. I've got the Williams (also part of their Independence Collection) and they're very obviously a step above normal AE shoes. The leather is noticeably thicker and more supple.

Comment

honestly you already have the black kenilworth, get a high shine on those and it's close enough

Comment

I am also looking at this sale and have a few questions.

I'm going back to school and it requires professional attire. (I'm going to say that's business casual correct me if ii'm wrong)

I need some brown shoes. (Walnut?) I was looking at the AE Mcallister or Mctavish. Suggestions?

Which ones would be paired with Chinos/Pants/Denim more often? Or should I be looking at other types??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                              honestly you already have the black kenilworth, get a high shine on those and it's close enough
                              Yeah, this is definitely a "need versus want" decision.

I started down this whole path because I'm going to a wedding for which my wife is in the bridal party. Was told that the wedding would be black tie, so I got a tuxedo.

The invitation came last week and it doesn't say Black tie...

I could just return the tux, wear my black, peak lapel suit and the Kenilworths and call it a day.

Won't look as good, but my wallet will be about 6 or 700 dollars heavier.

Comment

Working...
                              X