J. Crew Ludlow Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J. Crew Ludlow Sales

Hi everyone, I'm a longtime Dappered reader, second time poster.

I very much want to buy this olive chino J. Crew Ludlow suit for summer weddings and events. The price is high for me, I would love to buy it on a 25-30% off sale. https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/T...6616/A0498.jsp

I have been checking daily for weeks now and it has not been included in any sales, including the select summer suit sale a week or so ago.
    Does anyone have any information or predictions about when, or if it will go on sale? My best bet may just to use my 15% student discount (grad school) or try and open a store card.

Thanks.

Everything eventually goes on sale at J.Crew, its just a matter of whether your size will be available when they do - and if that will occur before you need it (i.e before your weddings/events!). So you need to figure out what your risk tolerance is vs. the price you're willing to pay. Of course at the end of season, you will be able to get this for at least 50% off retail (again, prob limited sizes, and past when you'll likely need them!)

Comment

Thanks Jamie. I need it by the end of June, so waiting for an end-of season sale won't work. I will have to see if a student discount or opening a card will work, and if so, to what extent. Kind of a splurge buy for me but its a beautiful suit and I will wear it for years, including as separates.

Comment

Try Code SOGOOD to get 25% off.

Comment

Sorry to hijack your thread, but is it worth it to get the chino ludlow over the chino thompson? If you buy in store, there's a constant 30% off on the Thompson with makes the entire suit $162, whereas the Ludlow is $342 with the SOGOOD discount. How much of a quality difference is there to make it worthwhile for a cotton suit?

Comment

FWIW, I spoke with one of the sales reps on the phone from J.Crew, and he informed me that although you cannot use a student discount online, you can over the phone, as long as you've registered that student email on your email account in a store, and made sure they make note of it on your account. In this case, you could get the 25% off from the current sale, and then an additional 15% off by placing an order over the phone. Could be useful.

Comment

I ended up buying it for 25% off, around 350$. If factory made it in olive I certainly would've gone that route, alas, they do not. I already own navy and gray wool suits, as well as navy and khaki cotton. Thank you to all who replied!

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
                Sorry to hijack your thread, but is it worth it to get the chino ludlow over the chino thompson? If you buy in store, there's a constant 30% off on the Thompson with makes the entire suit $162, whereas the Ludlow is $342 with the SOGOOD discount. How much of a quality difference is there to make it worthwhile for a cotton suit?

Never seen a chino Ludlow in person but 30% off that Thompson isn't that great. They do 50% off in store pretty often.

Comment

Yeah, what [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] said. 30% off at Factory isn't that great of a sale. I haven't tried it, but somewhere on reddit there's a discussion of how best to save while shopping online at JCF. To summarize it (the best of my recollection), you wait until they have a 50% off sale online (these happen a few times each season, and they jack the prices back up to full retail and then "discount" them 50%), and sometime after midnight Eastern Time on the date the sale is ending (the time depends on which timezone you reside in, I believe) you visit the site and you can sometimes apply an additional code (30%) to the already reduced prices, effectively giving you 65% off the full retail price.

As for quality difference - the fabric and construction on the Ludlow is definitely better, in my opinion. Is it worth spending a lot on a cotton suit? That's up to each individual...

Comment

Check ebay.

I bought a "$700" ludlow suit on there brand new with tags for $270. It seems the nicer ones regularly go for $350 or less.

Comment

Working...
                    X