Good selection of Wolverine 1000 Mile seconds at STP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattface View Post
    Looks like Sierra Trading post got in some more 1000 mile seconds. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~1...footwear~d~11/

You can use my referral code to get $10 off http://www.sierratradingpost.com/inv...3442/Mattface/ I don't know if it stacks. If not, you can probably find a better code.
    thanks for the tip on the 2nds sale. got my morleys in the other day. a few slight blems, but great fit and condition for the price!

Comment

Originally posted by stewpeanut View Post
      thanks for the tip on the 2nds sale. got my morleys in the other day. a few slight blems, but great fit and condition for the price!
      You're welcome. I did well too, getting my "Lucky Interview shoes" now here's hoping for an interview to wear them to. Took me a while to figure out why mine were seconds. Now that I've seen it I can't unsee. Dangit. I'll still keep them, the problem is minor enough, but I might caution folks to not look too hard for those blemishes. You're better off not seeing.

Comment

Got my browns yesterday. What do you guys think of the dark spot on the left outer?

No flash

Flash

Flash a few feet back

Top - Can't see it

The pictures were actually taken after i put some meltonian leather cleaner on it. It used to be darker and tackier like polish? . This makes me think the black spot was put on after tanning so it's not permanent and will eventually work it's way out? Any chromexcel persons here? What do you think of that logic?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
          It turns out they are a nearly perfect fit! The boots in size 11 fit me perfectly with boot socks, a little loose with dress socks. The shoes fit perfectly with dress socks and a little snug with boot socks, which is exactly as it should be.
          Awesome - I'm glad you had such good luck. I'm narrow-footed, so wolverines are always a little tough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
            Any chromexcel persons here? What do you think of that logic?
            First off, I don't think that dark spot is that noticeable. Also I have those same boots, and CXL tends to scuff easily, but it's oily, so the scuffs blend out pretty nicely. Here's a little LJ post I did about the care regimen I adopted for mine. In it you can see the boots before and after cleaning, oiling and polishing. THat was with just a few weeks of (hard) wear on them in the ice and snow. Interestingly, they actually look BETTER as they age. Now that I've got a few coats of neatsfoot on them over the past couple of months, they've started to take on a darker patina that shows the scuffs less. I would say roll with it, before long that dark spot will blend in.
            Last edited by mattface; April 11, 2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

yeah that scuff is not noticeable, looks good.

I'm desperate for a 10.5 in Rust right now, I saw this ebay listing but they looked pretty "damaged" :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Wolveri...item3a8e7b5746
              Last edited by Binarythird; April 11, 2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION], very good how-to page.

I think I was going to keep it any ways as I never see it from the top and after applying meltonian leather lotion/cleaner on it, it got lighter. It was pretty dark before. This gives me hope that it isn't permanently baked into the leather and will work it's way out over time and wear.

This is funny, but sadly shows how I have too much time on my hands: I sent the same question to horween to their generic contacts page thinking I won't get a response back and in the same day, I get a reply from Nick Horween. Steve Jobs would never answer a random tech question... mostly because of the being dead thing. Any ways, he also thinks it'll just work it's way out.

Comment

Working...
                X