Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suitable - Made-to-Measure suits for $295 - any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suitable - Made-to-Measure suits for $295 - any experience?

I came across this new men's brand called Suitable. www.suitablenyc.com

They do made-to-measure suits for $295. Great price, similar model to the other online suit shops. Sweet branding. At that price, I might actually buy it. Anyone have experience with them?

Where's the differentiation? I get tired of all these MTM suit places popping up with the same looking websites.

Comment

Contemplating the ramifications of such a post...

Possibilities:
      1.) Legitimate first post
      2.) Thinly veiled advertisement

Comment

seems like #1. He's posted in a few other threads now

Comment

Originally posted by ploneal78 View Post
          haha thanks. so it seems like no one has experience.

Comment

I didn't see anything on their website about ordering fabric samples, but I'd be curious how these stack up... especially the navy and tweed. I like the lapel size, but their jackets all seem to be cut rather short. Anyone else have thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by ploneal78 View Post

Could be a guise?
              Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Under their "How We Do It" section, at the very bottom:

"Our suits use a wool blend that feels luxurious"

I'd be iffy about the blend, since they don't state %s of wool vs (presumably) polyester
                Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

My main concern is how their website is talking up how it's NYC, but I can practically guarantee that their product is made in the same factory as every other MTM company, in China.

Comment

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post

"Our suits use a wool blend that feels luxurious"

I'd be iffy about the blend, since they don't state %s of wool vs (presumably) polyester
                    Jeez, why can't these online suit companies just be honest about their product? Under "Details & Care" they state wool, but they don't say 100% wool. If I ordered a "wool" suit and got a wool/poly blend, I'd be pissed.

Comment

"woolish"

Comment

"Wuul"

Comment

I'm going to start a suit company where the entire thing is made in poly, except the tag I sew on it will be 100% wool and marked as such. Anyone want to invest?

Edit: Actually, lets skip the poly. I will make them out of industrial canvas so not only can I say that they are made WITH 100% wool, but they will also be fully canvassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                            Jeez, why can't these online suit companies just be honest about their product? Under "Details & Care" they state wool, but they don't say 100% wool. If I ordered a "wool" suit and got a wool/poly blend, I'd be pissed.
                            Hey Fred, this is Ray from Suitable. That's really fair feedback and we definitely want to make sure everything feels transparent. So we've gone through and updated every single product page with the exact composition and materials, as well as our "How We Do It" page. Thanks for being the voice of reason.

Comment

I started Suitable because it was something I wanted myself as a guy. There are a lot of custom suit companies that offer terrific products, but at a price point that makes it hard to pull a trigger. And the more affordable options tended to have poor design, construction and quality. So the idea was, what if custom could be more accessible, not feel like such a big investment, and the suits actually looked great? That's how Suitable started.

Also, if you guys have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected].

Originally posted by Domino View Post
                              My main concern is how their website is talking up how it's NYC, but I can practically guarantee that their product is made in the same factory as every other MTM company, in China.
                              [MENTION=11235]Domino[/MENTION], hopefully it didn't come across as trying to hide something. It's simply that our HQ is in New York, we love the Empire State and have put down roots. We have a fantastic manufacturing partner in Shanghai and source our fabrics from Britain. Most of the buzz is on Italian wools but we've been pretty impressed with the British wool blends we're working with.

Originally posted by jakeyb View Post
                              I didn't see anything on their website about ordering fabric samples, but I'd be curious how these stack up... especially the navy and tweed. I like the lapel size, but their jackets all seem to be cut rather short. Anyone else have thoughts?
                              [MENTION=11264]jakeyb[/MENTION], unfortunately, we don't offer fabric samples right now. Certainly the challenge of being online based, and can TOTALLY understand your desire to see it in person. We're going to start having events in certain locations, so if you're in the area, would love to have you try it on for yourself. In the meantime, we're going to start putting out video content so you can see the suits up close.

As for jacket length, we find it to be more flattering when the bottom of the jacket hits around the bottom of your zipper. The more traditional style had a longer jacket, but we find that the upper body looks more dominant with a modern jacket length and tapered pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X