Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm An Intern For A New Watch Company - Stone Infused Watches

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to introduce a new stone infused watch line by Lexell Stone. I just got hired on as intern for the company am trying to spread the word as much as possible. Mostly I want to know what you think about the product we have. First clothing company I have worked for and I am hoping to be working a lot on the product development side as well.I believe the stone concept is a good one especially when we start working with high end watches and rarer stones.

Happy holidays everyone!!

lexellwatches.com

A neat idea, but the brand name and stone type logos on the face detract from the overall appearance.

Comment

I agree... the watches themselves are interesting, but the text on the dial detracts from the watches' aesthetic appeal.

I also feel like a chunkier hand set would suit the watch better. The dauphine hands are rather small and skinny, and seem overpowered by the large bezel.
      Ben

Comment

Interesting stuff I will definitely be passing them onto the team!! Thanks for the input!!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          I agree... the watches themselves are interesting, but the text on the dial detracts from the watches' aesthetic appeal.

I also feel like a chunkier hand set would suit the watch better. The dauphine hands are rather small and skinny, and seem overpowered by the large bezel.
          +1. The hands aren't really in harmony with the rest of the watch. The logo seems a bit corny too. I get that the "x" is alluding to the movement of the watch hands, but does that really need to be on the watch itself?

Comment

I'm not a big fan so far:
            -Not much variation on the two designs
            -Very large watches
            -I know alot of time was probably spent on this, but the company logo/size doesn't look classy to me, it looks more like a cheap quartz watch logo.
            -I don't think i'm a fan the concept in general. I would keep the stone to just the details to the hands and to the accents, but that wouldn't be very novel. Actually, what I think would be really interesting is a sleek stainless steel watch, but the face is made of stone with contrasting accents/hands, if that makes any sense.

Sorry to sound like a hater, just my genuine reaction to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mister_deez View Post
              I'm not a big fan so far:
              -Not much variation on the two designs
              -Very large watches
              -I know alot of time was probably spent on this, but the company logo/size doesn't look classy to me, it looks more like a cheap quartz watch logo.
              -I don't think i'm a fan the concept in general. I would keep the stone to just the details to the hands and to the accents, but that wouldn't be very novel. Actually, what I think would be really interesting is a sleek stainless steel watch, but the face is made of stone with contrasting accents/hands, if that makes any sense.

Sorry to sound like a hater, just my genuine reaction to it.
              That's actually a great idea; I'd buy a quartz watch with those types of details in the sub-$150 market.

Invicta already does something similar. I have one of their quartz chronos with a mother of pearl face. I know they also do watches with meteorite faces.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                That's actually a great idea; I'd buy a quartz watch with those types of details in the sub-$150 market.

Invicta already does something similar. I have one of their quartz chronos with a mother of pearl face.

My daily work watch is an Invicta sub homage with a MOP dial. I like it.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread

Comment

This thread was started almost 1 year ago. You wouldn't happen to be with this watch company and just trying to get your thread bumped would you? Because that would be very bad form.

Comment

Working...
                    X