Beckett Simonon preorder came

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beckett Simonon preorder came

I will post some pics as well as my immediate impressions of the 'Hoyt' double monk strap from Beckett Simonons preorders sometime ago

Start off by saying the sole is really good. Feels sturdy, probably the best construction of the shoe. The leather is pretty good, given the price.
    The fit, I wear a 12 and usually they're too narrow, but this fit really feels great.

My only gripe was the pictures on the website show a little bit more of a marbling on the leather, and the leather is kind of a flat tan. Nothing some black polish couldn't fix
    the burnishing is also too "exact"

Oh and ps the straps aren't elastic, like I've come to get used to from my neumoras from AE Ii hope they don't rip out over time. .

Interesting. Is that burnishing on the toe or just the light?
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

They look nice, keep us posted on how they wear and hold up!

Comment

It's burnishing, but like I said, they're very symmetrical, and almost too 'perfect'. I plan to marble the shoes with some of my own polish, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Comment

Haven't even worn them out of the house and the buckle is missing its peg. Hmmm. Unwearable.

Comment

Wow! Did it arrive like that? Or instantly break? That's a bummer.

Comment

I'm not even sure, but there's no clear return option. I'm gonna have to peruse the website. Iknow Theres a Poster who represents them, I'm curious what he has to say

Comment

Wow, that is not acceptable. I think they are pretty active on their FB and Twitter, I would try to contact them there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                  I'm not even sure, but there's no clear return option. I'm gonna have to peruse the website. Iknow Theres a Poster who represents them, I'm curious what he has to say
                  Yeah Nicholas, but from his profile he hasn't logged on in over a month. You could PM him but he's not gonna get it if he's not around.

Comment

Looks like free returns: http://www.beckettsimonon.com/pages/shipping-returns
                    Just email them to start the process. That's really a drag after waiting a couple of months for them to have a broken buckle.

Comment

I guess it's kind of okay I realized double monks don't really fit into my wardrobe so often. If probably be better off with a nice leather chukka boot with a sleek toe box, so I think Ill try to exchange something.

Comment

Have you started the return process yet? I have emailed them twice about getting a return label for a pair of wingtips, but they still haven't sent me anything.

Comment

Originally posted by chaotix View Post
                          Have you started the return process yet? I have emailed them twice about getting a return label for a pair of wingtips, but they still haven't sent me anything.
                          Finally got a shipping label this morning, 13 days after my initial email. I was just planning on keeping them and applying some black polish per the article on the Camlins to get some color variation, so now I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Comment

They told me I wasn't getting a return label until Monday because of the high volume. However, the customer service rep Santiago was pretty understanding, and offered his apologies and promise to make it right.

Comment

Would you say these run true to size? You mentioned the width but I didn't see any comments on general sizing.
                              Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X