Clear All

• Shomas
    replied
    form function form

Looks like it says: "Taylor-thanks!! Enjoy that watch!! -Shawn"

Leave a comment:

• Tid
    replied
    Shawn just got this in the mail today I love it btw I can't make out your handwriting in the tag
    [URL=http://s715.photobucket.com/user/Loroku_89/media/C7920C84-36EE-4B83-80EB-7F47CED3FA91_zpsdzmlq6mm.jpg.html][/

Leave a comment:

• Tid
    replied
    i oreded one of you timex watch sets on wednes day i cant wait till it gets here monday

Leave a comment:

• mcadamsandwich
    replied
    FYI - really impressed/proud of what you guys have done with the Prickstarter fiasco.

I have a button stud band in my future, but I'm waiting for you guys to get more cordovan.

Leave a comment:

• Tid
    replied
    are you guys going to offer belts?

Leave a comment:

• Pudgelife
    replied
    I purchased a button stud weekender a couple of months ago and have been incredibly pleased with the watch band and am wearing it on more casual days here at the office. I would heartily recommend that anyone looking into getting a new, less formal watch take at look at form function form

Leave a comment:

• pratyk
    replied
    Shawn.. Thanks for stopping by.

Maybe it's just me and I hope I don't sound too crabby but IMO you need to update your media for the camera strap so you're not using a SLR to depict the leather strap-on wristband that doubles as a "camerastrap". It just looks.. flimsy and perhaps doesn't do justice to the product.

http://formfunctionform.com/product/the-strap-on/

Leave a comment:

• shawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Sprnova23 View Post
    Hey Shawn -
    Looks like it's been awhile since this forum has been used, so hopefully people are still around!

Do you think you could post a general description of the different leather options? For instance I gather from the above that chromexcel sounds more supple than latigo (correct me if I'm wrong!). Just some direction as to which are softer / stiffer / self healing, or any other description that might differentiate between the different leather options would be helpful.

Thanks!
    hey man; I'll get to this...just wanted to let you know I didn't miss it. Stuff has been nutso the past couple weeks...I'm going to decompress a bit over the next couple days, but should have some time post-christmas to work on this. It's actually something I've been meaning to get on the site anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Sprnova23
    replied
    Hey Shawn -
    Looks like it's been awhile since this forum has been used, so hopefully people are still around!

Do you think you could post a general description of the different leather options? For instance I gather from the above that chromexcel sounds more supple than latigo (correct me if I'm wrong!). Just some direction as to which are softer / stiffer / self healing, or any other description that might differentiate between the different leather options would be helpful.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    Thanks a lot for the info. So many choices!

Leave a comment:

• shawn
    replied
    latigo is cattle leather (as opposed to horse, bison, whatever myriad other options are out there), tanned in a certain way such that it exhibits very little stretch. It has a smooth, somewhat firm finish, exhibits no pull-up (where the leather changes color as it is stretched), and is not "self-healing" in the way that chromexcel tends to be (while chromexcel scratches/scuffs/marks more easily than latigo or a standard veg-tan, the marks can usually be buffed out easily with a little friction due to the waxes and oils in the leather). It's traditionally used for things you don't want stretching, like belts, straps for saddles, etc.

We use it because some of the colors look cool, and for some products they work great--I tend to like the feel of chromexcel more, but that is purely subjective, as I'm sure others would have different preferences.

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    I was looking at the options of colors/leathers for the bands, and was wondering what the Latigo leather is. How does it differ from the others?

Leave a comment:

• shawn
    replied
    depending on what leather it is....I use the following for chromexcel. Haven't tried it on a veg tan or a russet (it would definitely darken them, I'd guess): Venetian Shoe Cream in natural. I have a big can from here (http://www.foresupplyco.com/productD...ian_Shoe_Cream), and it lasts forever--I use it on all of my cxl-or-similar-leather-type shoes (of which I have FAR too many).

Cordovan is a whole other beast, and depending on who you listen to, needs more or less care, and particular types of care.

Leave a comment:

• BigBayesian
    replied
    I used Allen Edmonds Cleaner / Conditioner on some chromexcel products (not the fff wallet yet), and it darkened the leather a little bit, and seemed to restore it some. Can't speak for sweat, though - my intuition is that saddle soap would work, but I'm a novice to leather care, and I'd be very curious to see what someone more experienced would advise.

Leave a comment:

• proslyn
    replied
    Originally posted by P J View Post
    Hey shawn, thanks for engaging with this forum, and for making some awesome products. I'm wondering how best to take care of my watchband. I've worn it a few too many times when I've been working in the yard and gotten it pretty dirty and stinky with sweat. What's the best way to keep the leather in tip-top shape (and smell free)?
    Some sort of a leather balm should be ok (or at least it's worked for me). I had some extra Chelsea Leather Food lying around (I used to use it on my soccer boots), and have wiped the bands down on occasion with that. It made my Nat CXL band a shade darker, but it "stretched" back closer to the original color after a couple of wears.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X