No announcement yet.

Crown & Buckle - Watch Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some customer feedback - I purchased a "premium" black NATO a bunch of months back to see how it compared to the standard ones and don't really like it at all. I find that I never wear it, (and often avoid wearing it). In my opinion it's too stiff and the stitching on it is really scratchy and makes my arm itchy. If possible, you guys should look into a softer material for the stitching or something. I guess I'll stick with the standard NATO straps from now on.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! The stiffness of the nylon is a fine line, and it really comes down to personal preference. That is why we offer the three grades of nylon (regular, premium, heavy duty). For every person that prefers a soft, flexible strap for comfort, someone else wants a stiffer strap because it will prevent a heavy watch from moving around (without having to tighten the strap down too much).

Definitely noted on the stitching. Thanks again for the input!

Comment

+1 to [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION]. To me, thinner NATO straps are more comfortable and wearable than thick ones. I'd love to see the "regular" C&B NATOs upgraded with stitching and heat-sealing instead of just heat-sealing (though hopefully not stitching of the itchy variety!). It's hard to find NATOs that are both buttery-soft and really solidly-made.
        Ben

Comment

Do you like the stitching from a visual or strength standpoint? The stitching is more of a visual thing, it doesn't add to the tensile strength of the strap as ultrasonic welding is very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownAndBuckle View Post
            Do you like the stitching from a visual or strength standpoint? The stitching is more of a visual thing, it doesn't add to the tensile strength of the strap as ultrasonic welding is very strong.
            I like the look of the stitching and assumed it would probably be a bit stronger. That's one of the reasons I wanted to check out the premium band. I think it is just the way it comes out on the underside of the strap that makes it so scratchy on mine.

Thanks for the feedback! The stiffness of the nylon is a fine line, and it really comes down to personal preference. That is why we offer the three grades of nylon (regular, premium, heavy duty). For every person that prefers a soft, flexible strap for comfort, someone else wants a stiffer strap because it will prevent a heavy watch from moving around (without having to tighten the strap down too much).

Definitely noted on the stitching. Thanks again for the input!
            I think the other thing about the stiffness of it that I don't like, (and maybe this is just because I haven't really worn it more than a couple times), is that doesn't bend as nicely or sharply around my spring bars as the regular ones. So without really cranking it down super tight, the strap tends to bow out farther from my wrist, if that makes sense?

Aside from that, I love all of the other C&B bands that I own!

Comment

That all makes sense. Because the nylon is stiffer than the regular NATOs, they will not curve as tightly along the spring bars as you mentioned. That does get better with time and wear.

Thanks again (everyone) for adding your input. We alter and improve our products over time so this input is definitely taken into account.

Comment

I guess maybe it's just my misunderstanding/assumption that the stitching adds some kind of long-term durability to the strap. The aesthetic benefit doesn't hurt, though.
                Ben

Comment

Just to add my $.02 on the premium straps, I dig them. Just got a couple in the mail today and I'm liking the heft. I wear them on a maratac pilot, and I feel like the premium holds up to it a little better than the standard. The premium seem to be a nice midpoint between the standard and heavy duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
                    Just to add my $.02 on the premium straps, I dig them. Just got a couple in the mail today and I'm liking the heft. I wear them on a maratac pilot, and I feel like the premium holds up to it a little better than the standard. The premium seem to be a nice midpoint between the standard and heavy duty.
                    Thanks, appreciate the input. Enjoy the straps.

Comment

I'm considering one of your NATO straps for my Bradley Mickey Mouse sportsman which has 17mm lugs. Would an 18mm fit properly? Do you recommend the standard or premium NATO? It's a small 32mm watch, FWIW, seen in this thread:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...it-look-bigger

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                        I'm considering one of your NATO straps for my Bradley Mickey Mouse sportsman which has 17mm lugs. Would an 18mm fit properly? Do you recommend the standard or premium NATO? It's a small 32mm watch, FWIW, seen in this thread:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...it-look-bigger
                        I wouldn't say properly as the proper strap would be 17mm, but it's not likely you'll find any 17mm NATOs out there. The size difference is only about 5%, so you'll be able to fit an 18mm in there. It's a common practice to go up to the next size for odd-size lug widths.

I'd stick to the regular NATOs as they are softer and more pliable; they are usually better suited for sizing down.

Comment

Just tried to place an order and server is down.

Get the following message -

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Comment

We moved to a new server over the weekend. The site is back up now. Please let us know if you see any other problems.

Comment

Ordered Friday morning, got my strap today. I think Mickey has never looked better.

Comment

Swiss Made Mickey? Dig it.

Comment

Working...
                                X