Crown & Buckle - Watch Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JGL View Post
    Heads up. 25% off everything Labor Day sale.
    Nice. I just placed an order for a leather strap for my new Orient watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Nice. I just placed an order for a leather strap for my new Orient watch.
      Hey Vicious, did the watch arrive yet? If so, is it sweet?

I broke down and ordered the blue-faced one. I've been eyeing similar flight dial watches, but I think that's the first blue I've seen. Probably because of the heritage factor, eh? Didn't you say they were mostly historically black or cream dial'd? For me, I was wanting a blue-faced watch anyway, and after reloading their site a krazillion times, I finally clicked it. Here's hoping it doesn't wear too big on my wrists.

Anyhoot, hope you enjoy yours, bud!

Comment

Might have to jump on this. Could use a few NATOs for incoming Bambino.

Comment

I ordered 3 NATOs myself.

Comment

How about a charcoal grey NATO band? I've been looking for one forever; Target used to have a Timex one last year. :/

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
              How about a charcoal grey NATO band? I've been looking for one forever; Target used to have a Timex one last year. :/
              Sorry for not replying to this earlier, we haven't gotten email notifications lately for some reason. Charcoal grey is a good idea, we will look into it.

I can't recall if anyone here was interested in short length leather straps, but we now have those available here: http://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps...her-short.html

For the next week or two you can use the discount code short for 25% off any short length straps.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownAndBuckle View Post
                Charcoal grey is a good idea, we will look into it.
                Excellent. Should you decide to make/carry it, I'm in for one.

Comment

Do you have any advice on how to trim a (regular) NATO strap and prevent it from fraying? I cut it and used a lighter to try to singe the edge, but it started to fray pretty quickly anyway.

My second question is regarding the traditional leather straps. What is the difference between the regular and short lengths? Specifically this one:
                  http://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps...rown-calf.html
                  http://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps...0mm-brown.html

Length 115mm/75mm (Regular)
                  Length 105mm/65mm (Short)

What are the 2 different lengths listed for each one? Thanks!
                  Last edited by drocpsu; November 6, 2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                    Do you have any advice on how to trim a (regular) NATO strap and prevent it from fraying? I cut it and used a lighter to try to singe the edge, but it started to fray pretty quickly anyway.

My second question is regarding the traditional leather straps. What is the difference between the regular and short lengths? Specifically this one:
                    http://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps...rown-calf.html
                    http://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps...0mm-brown.html

Length 115mm/75mm (Regular)
                    Length 105mm/65mm (Short)

What are the 2 different lengths listed for each one? Thanks!
                    Hey there. It's hard to trim a nylon strap and have it look as clean as the end it comes with from the factory, since it is cut with a laser. Using a lighter to seal the end is about the best that you can do. I've also seen someone use a soldering iron to melt/cut while trimming a strap, but IMO the results were worse looking than cutting with scissors and sealing with a lighter.

I'm of the belief that NATO straps rarely need to be trimmed, however. They are designed with the intention of the excess strap being looped back through the keepers a second (or even a third) time. Here is an illustrated example of that:

Regarding the strap lengths, the only difference is that the short length is for smaller wrist sizes, thus the shorter dimensions. The short length is about 3/4" shorter than the regular length, and is suitable for wrist sizes from 5.5" to 6.25" (very small).

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Comment

Thanks a lot. I know NATO straps are intended to be long and folded back on themselves. I have 3 different ones and that's how I typically wear them. I tend to take them off and out them back on throughout the day, depending if the watch is bothering me from typing all day (sometimes it sits right on the edge of my desk or keyboard). I had just wondered if it would be easier to do with a "straight" strap that didn't fold back (like the Timex Weekender straps), so I chopped it off to give it a try.

Comment

Our 'Black Monday' sale is on, 40% off most items. Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend.

Comment

I ended up getting the MADISON BROWN CALF and BLACK & OLIVE (BOND) HD NATO straps for my Orient Mako with the sale going on. I know it's not much but I had gotten a Nato strap earlier this week at $15 (full price) which has dropped down to $9 with the sale. Does C&B offer price adjustments?

Comment

Originally posted by pratyk View Post
                            Does C&B offer price adjustments?
                            Thanks for your order. We usually don't, but email us with your order information and mention Dappered. We'll take care of you.

Comment

I caved and bought one of the C&B X LZ CROC NATO to go on my newest purchase, the Seiko "Dracula" Monster. Will post pics when they all arrive.

EDIT: Caved and had it changed to the Croc. Just because ya know... fangs... crocodiles... whatever.
                              Last edited by ncfranklin; January 15, 2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

"Moonrock" eh... would be worth the giggle to put it on an Omega Speedy Pro (if I owned one).
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X