Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrownAndBuckle
    replied
    That all makes sense. Because the nylon is stiffer than the regular NATOs, they will not curve as tightly along the spring bars as you mentioned. That does get better with time and wear.

Thanks again (everyone) for adding your input. We alter and improve our products over time so this input is definitely taken into account.

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    Originally posted by CrownAndBuckle View Post
    Do you like the stitching from a visual or strength standpoint? The stitching is more of a visual thing, it doesn't add to the tensile strength of the strap as ultrasonic welding is very strong.
    I like the look of the stitching and assumed it would probably be a bit stronger. That's one of the reasons I wanted to check out the premium band. I think it is just the way it comes out on the underside of the strap that makes it so scratchy on mine.

Originally posted by CrownAndBuckle View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! The stiffness of the nylon is a fine line, and it really comes down to personal preference. That is why we offer the three grades of nylon (regular, premium, heavy duty). For every person that prefers a soft, flexible strap for comfort, someone else wants a stiffer strap because it will prevent a heavy watch from moving around (without having to tighten the strap down too much).

Definitely noted on the stitching. Thanks again for the input!
    I think the other thing about the stiffness of it that I don't like, (and maybe this is just because I haven't really worn it more than a couple times), is that doesn't bend as nicely or sharply around my spring bars as the regular ones. So without really cranking it down super tight, the strap tends to bow out farther from my wrist, if that makes sense?

Aside from that, I love all of the other C&B bands that I own!

Leave a comment:

• CrownAndBuckle
    replied
    Do you like the stitching from a visual or strength standpoint? The stitching is more of a visual thing, it doesn't add to the tensile strength of the strap as ultrasonic welding is very strong.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    +1 to [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION]. To me, thinner NATO straps are more comfortable and wearable than thick ones. I'd love to see the "regular" C&B NATOs upgraded with stitching and heat-sealing instead of just heat-sealing (though hopefully not stitching of the itchy variety!). It's hard to find NATOs that are both buttery-soft and really solidly-made.

Leave a comment:

• CrownAndBuckle
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback! The stiffness of the nylon is a fine line, and it really comes down to personal preference. That is why we offer the three grades of nylon (regular, premium, heavy duty). For every person that prefers a soft, flexible strap for comfort, someone else wants a stiffer strap because it will prevent a heavy watch from moving around (without having to tighten the strap down too much).

Definitely noted on the stitching. Thanks again for the input!

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    Just some customer feedback - I purchased a "premium" black NATO a bunch of months back to see how it compared to the standard ones and don't really like it at all. I find that I never wear it, (and often avoid wearing it). In my opinion it's too stiff and the stitching on it is really scratchy and makes my arm itchy. If possible, you guys should look into a softer material for the stitching or something. I guess I'll stick with the standard NATO straps from now on.

Leave a comment:

• CrownAndBuckle
    replied
    Originally posted by Deke View Post
    "Hmm, I haven't checked out C&B in a few months"...aaand I bought more straps.

Thanks for the order!

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    "Hmm, I haven't checked out C&B in a few months"...aaand I bought more straps.

Leave a comment:

• CrownAndBuckle
    replied
    Hard to say without seeing it. For a brand new veg tan the "tan" is probably closer, but for an aged/darkened veg tan the "natural" is probably closer. We are going to have American made veg tan NATOs in stock in the next week or two if you'd prefer to wait for one of those.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Hatchell
    replied
    Hey C&B guys. Which leather nato would be closest to matching a natural/veg tan belt (ie:Tanner Goods)? The tan or the natural?

Leave a comment:

• CrownAndBuckle
    replied
    That looks awesome. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• ncfranklin
    replied
    Just got in my new straps. Here's one on the Maratac. Thanks as always C&B.

Leave a comment:

• CrownAndBuckle
    replied
    Originally posted by ncfranklin View Post
    Hey C&B, can you explain the difference between your "HD" and "Premium" Natos?
    Regular NATOs - medium weave nylon, ultrasonically welded construction, polished stainless steel hardware
    Premium NATOs - heavy weave nylon that is slightly thicker, stitched + welded construction, polished + brushed + black PVD + gold plated hardware available
    Heavy Duty NATOs - heavy weave nylon that is even thicker, stitched + welded construction, brushed + black PVD + bronze hardware available. These come in 3-ring or 5-ring, 3-ring having the "extra layer" underneath the watch removed for a more slim profile. Lastly, the HD NATOs use a much larger, oval shaped hardware that is more bulky. This is the option if you want a large bulky strap, to make a watch wear larger, or to pair with a big tool/dive watch. If not, stick with the regular or Premium NATOs.

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• ncfranklin
    replied
    Hey C&B, can you explain the difference between your "HD" and "Premium" Natos?

Leave a comment:

• CrownAndBuckle
    replied
    Glad you love it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X