Off the Rack Fitted Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the Rack Fitted Shirts

Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on places for off the rack fitted shirts in Canada and the US. I have always had a preference for the Banana Republic ones and also the Stafford ones from JC Penny unfortunately when ever I go now their selection is lacking in the more common sizes and I think the quality has gone down significantly.

Brooks Brothers- have all sizes from traditional all the way to extra slim fit which is what I wear. Granted the shirts are not cheap but in the sale section you can get them cheaper and you can sign up for the corporate discount card which is 15% off any reg. priced merchandise.
    eBay id-> Mr.k215

Comment

Time to go MTM. Online world has emerged a lot and you can find lots of MTM deals at OTR price going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevbo View Post
        Brooks Brothers- have all sizes from traditional all the way to extra slim fit which is what I wear. Granted the shirts are not cheap but in the sale section you can get them cheaper and you can sign up for the corporate discount card which is 15% off any reg. priced merchandise.
        I'll second BB. I managed to buy two of their sports shirts (more than good enough for business casual) for $28 each during a sale, a shirt sleeve button down for about the same at a BB Factory store over Memorial Day weekend, and a new w/o tags dress shirt off of eBay for the same amount. All extra slim. Their extra slim Large and 16-35's are probably the best OTR fit I've come by.
        Last edited by Xeones25; June 15, 2013, 09:15 AM.
        Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Originally posted by Kevbo View Post
          A word of warning, though: If you have a thick neck like me, their extra slim fit may still be too billowy. I'm a 16.5" neck and 33" sleeve, but otherwise not particularly round in the middle. I just have a slightly thicker than average neck. When I get the extra slim fits in a size that fits my neck, they fit too big around the middle. however, when I get a medium extra slim in their oxfords (which aren't really meant to be buttoned all the way up), they fit great. Just something to keep in mind.

Comment

Yeah, a lot of people talk about how much more "precise" neck/sleeve sized shirts are than S/M/L. But that's only true if your neck size corresponds proportionally to the rest of your body. My actual neck size is 15" but I end up wearing 14.5/32 shirts to get the fit I need for my torso. That's true even on slim, extra-slim, trim, tailored, athletic, etc. fit shirts. I usually leave the top button undone. Fortunately a properly cinched tie will hide that.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Yeah, a lot of people talk about how much more "precise" neck/sleeve sized shirts are than S/M/L. But that's only true if your neck size corresponds proportionally to the rest of your body. My actual neck size is 15" but I end up wearing 14.5/32 shirts to get the fit I need for my torso. That's true even on slim, extra-slim, trim, tailored, athletic, etc. fit shirts. I usually leave the top button undone. Fortunately a properly cinched tie will hide that.
              Exactly. Collar extenders have been helpful at times as well.

Comment

j crew, club monaco?

Comment

Originally posted by bigwhat62 View Post
                  j crew, club monaco?
                  I personally find the slim fits from J. Crew and Club Monaco fit me best, especially their oxfords! Although, I have to have the sleeves shortened, I typically just roll up the cuffs on the casual shirts.

Comment

Charles Tyrwhitt exra slim shirts are definitely worth a look. Can be had for $30-35 each during their sales, and some of my favorite shirts. Good quality considering the price point and they fit very well.

Comment

My understanding is that TM Lewin shirts are the same quality as CT, but they do better on the fits. I cannot guarantee this as I only have two CT shirts (the sleeves are a little baggy and still need to be taken in), so YMMV.
                      My next shirt will probably be from TM Lewin to check out the fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                        My understanding is that TM Lewin shirts are the same quality as CT, but they do better on the fits. I cannot guarantee this as I only have two CT shirts (the sleeves are a little baggy and still need to be taken in), so YMMV.
                        My next shirt will probably be from TM Lewin to check out the fit.
                        I can assert that the fits on a TM Lewin slim fit (wearing one today) is like a Frank and Oak shirt but with tails about 3" longer (which is why I am a TM Lewin fan). Quality is good for the price - they take the iron very well and don't tend to wrinkle. Nice solid collar too so no "saturday night fever" collar when you don't have a tie.

My go to shirts pretty much always now. Trying hard to resist picking some more up.

Comment

[MENTION=8547]AFCForever[/MENTION],
                          Thanks for the notice. Will definitely be picking one up next time I need a dress shirt.

Comment

I would suggest MTM shirts there are many web based companies that do a good job with cutomizing dress shirts according to your requirements and pricing is as competitive as an OTR shirt companies like Indochino,shirts my way, Natty shirts,proper cloth,Best custom shirts check them out.

Comment

My friend just got his first custom shirt on my recommendation, he wanted to get this 3 button shirt in Clint Eastwood style he used in unforgiven. He is very happy with the fit as he never got one in his collar size that actually fits him. By the way he tried Natty.

Comment

Working...
                              X