This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by obnoxious2 View Post
    Thanks for the tips! I understand everyone has their own preferences. What about the front? Regular or sport?

Sure wish natty's site could just let you search for gingham patterns.

edit* - guys when you size do you put in all your dimensions or just the basic collar, sleeve and waist and they put in the general sizing for the others? When I measure myself do I put my exact number that I get after measuring multiple times or should I add a little more slack say an extra inch per measurement when I input?
    Just to chime in again. After seeing the suggestion I looked at some gingham shirts in stores and I do have to say that I think I like the corner cuffs more on them. I initially went with rounded since I see them as more casual and gingham is a casual pattern. Thankfully since I ordered the bigger batch I can change all of them except for the "tester" they send first.

I go regular front. I don't like the look of button down shirts without a placket (or the hidden buttons), but that is purely personal preference.

I do the full-blown measurements and I say that if you have a tape, do that. The only reason to do the short form is if you have no idea what your measurements are and you have no access to a tailoring tape.
    Don't just add an extra inch. That is where I messed up on my first MTM shirt, I added an extra half inch to the collar measurement. When you are measuring yourself you do want to have a finger or two underneath the tape. That should create all the slack you need for the actual shirt. The company making the shirt will add the "extra slack" they feel appropriate.
    Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Thanks for all the help!

Originally posted by Xeones25 View Post
      Just to chime in again. After seeing the suggestion I looked at some gingham shirts in stores and I do have to say that I think I like the corner cuffs more on them. I initially went with rounded since I see them as more casual and gingham is a casual pattern. Thankfully since I ordered the bigger batch I can change all of them except for the "tester" they send first.

I go regular front. I don't like the look of button down shirts without a placket (or the hidden buttons), but that is purely personal preference.

I do the full-blown measurements and I say that if you have a tape, do that. The only reason to do the short form is if you have no idea what your measurements are and you have no access to a tailoring tape.
      Don't just add an extra inch. That is where I messed up on my first MTM shirt, I added an extra half inch to the collar measurement. When you are measuring yourself you do want to have a finger or two underneath the tape. That should create all the slack you need for the actual shirt. The company making the shirt will add the "extra slack" they feel appropriate.

Comment

That's True

Originally posted by Xeones25 View Post

You are absolutely right we do put margins ourselves so you should be measuring your body size only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Natty Shirts for custom made shirts at $24.99 only

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post
          You are absolutely right redbeardedmike this is absolutely an issue on rendering side that sometimes streches the fabric in some way that the check or design is blown up. But in order to offer max number of options for this campaign Natty Shirts is focused on providing options for designing and our tech team is constantly working on these issues and hopefully will get it fixed ASAP. Till then just remember that the fabric swatches are 100% identical to the actual fabrics so you can guess from them how the shirt will actually look like.
          Thanks for the response Natty, it's been great having you here to answer these questions! I appreciate the clarification, it's no big deal and what mike pointed out was what I suspected.

I'd like to repost my original question, maybe you missed it?

On the homepage in the rotating banner, the first check pattern that shows up (it looks like pink and navy) which fabric is that? It looks similar to the "Bolder Red" but in the fabric image it looks different.

Thanks again!
          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

red & black

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
            Thanks for the response Natty, it's been great having you here to answer these questions! I appreciate the clarification, it's no big deal and what mike pointed out was what I suspected.

I'd like to repost my original question, maybe you missed it?

On the homepage in the rotating banner, the first check pattern that shows up (it looks like pink and navy) which fabric is that? It looks similar to the "Bolder Red" but in the fabric image it looks different.

Thanks again!
            Sorry sir i guess we missed it. One of them is Red & Black and code id is 0075 100% Cotton fabric and the other one is out of stock now and may not be repeated real soon and would be replaced real soon.

Comment

Thanks for the info, appreciate it!
              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

We do try to keep all the fabrics in range which are in demand. You can also ask for some special fabrics of your choice on [email protected] and we will try to get our hands on them ASAP. Although we don't guarantee but we do try it hard.

Comment

Do you have any actual pictures of someone wearing your shirts? That would help me a lot with buying a few.

Comment

Sure sir but i am afraid that we can not put any image here. But you can have some on our site's our review page at http://www.nattyshirts.com/natty-shirts-reviews.php and many more on different forums available online. Or send an email to [email protected] and they will send you some.

Comment

I ordered shirts and they should arrive today or tmrw. I will post my review later this week (hopefully before the sale ends). I ordered 3 shirts and if I'm happy, I might order more before the sale ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeejet View Post
                        I ordered shirts and they should arrive today or tmrw. I will post my review later this week (hopefully before the sale ends). I ordered 3 shirts and if I'm happy, I might order more before the sale ends.
                        Please do! I want to order some but I'd like to see what they look like first.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeejet View Post
                          Keep an eye on tracking id in your login if not on schedule contact [email protected] immediately

Comment

So my first shirt of 3 came today (they send you the first one only so you can confirm fit and make adjustments to the others if need be). Here's an initial review:

Shirt Details: White Broadcloth, Button-Collar, No Back Pleats, No Pocket, Two-Button Barrel Cuff

Fit (9/10): Almost everything was according to what I specified. I allowed them some liberty with the shirt length and waist, but the waist allowance was huge (I wanted 34 waist with up to 2 inches extra if they deemed it necessary and they made it 38; mostly my fault for being unsure and telling them to do whatever they wanted so I can't deduct for that; 34 would've been too small for sure though so at least I can get this one altered). Aside from this, everything else was great.

Material (8.5/10): Decent fabric and good stitching from what I can tell. The shirt IS transparent however in case you care about such things and requires an undershirt if you plan on wearing it without a jacket. It also wrinkles very easily, but that is true of many cotton fabrics. For a bespoke shirt maker, it is pretty well sourced.

Minor Details: The holes for the collar buttons are too big for the buttons (the buttons slip out too easily) although this is generally only an issue when fixing my tie or shaping the collar.

Photos: Shot hastily with my iPad in my darkly lit basement studio (I don't have a good camera on my phone so I could do any good selfies). I hope these will suffice:

http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php...2_122_47lo.jpg
                            http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_430lo.jpg
                            http://img276.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_109lo.jpg
                            http://img173.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_557lo.jpg
                            Last edited by Zeejet; March 26, 2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Here's one with a close up of the tie and collar (this forum only allows 4 images per post...not sure why): http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_515lo.jpg

Comment

Zeejet thanks for your review. Please provide some reviews on company's communication and customer support for our prospective customers.

Comment

Working...
                                X