Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie
    replied
    I've got two pairs in the mail, I'll let you know the final verdict once I've received them!

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevalier View Post
    Has anyone tried their sunglasses, non-prescription?
    I have a pair and am very satisfied with the quality, price, and overall experience. My one minor quibble, and this is more of a personal issue, not necessarily something that is their fault, but I found the majority of their frames to be on the small side, probably due to the unisex nature of a lot of their styles. But, outside of that , they are awesome. I would definitely buy another pair.

Leave a comment:

• rikardo
    replied
    Warby Parker experience is incredible, it's no wonder they have gained such hype and attention throughout the last couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• PekkaKarhunen
    replied
    This is my first post on this site, and I hesitate to make a promotion for a company, but here goes. If any mods see this, I am a real human being, am not employed by any kind of fashion/style/manufacturing type job in any capacity, and am not receiving any form of compensation for mentioning the website I'm about to mention. I'm bringing it up only as a satisfied customer and a possible alternative for Warby-Parker.

I've worn glasses since I was 10, and my most recent pair is from a site called eyebuydirect. The glasses are about 8 months old and are holding up great. I paid about 70 bucks for them, including shipping. My prescription, off the top of my head, is about 20/250. The frames are durable and stylish without being too attention-demandy, if that makes sense. I think it's worth taking a poke around- if you find a reasonable clone of something you want, you might score a great deal. I lucked out and didn't need to return/exchange anything, so I can't speak to their customer service. The shipping was quite quick, though.

Leave a comment:

• tnybo24
    replied
    THey have been super successful so they are doing something right. THey recently crossed the 500,000 units sold mark. unbelievable. I love my pair and supporting companies like this.

Leave a comment:

• Jamie
    replied
    Not their sunglasses, but I'm about to buy a pair of regular prescription glasses. I did the home try on, which is pretty cool, but am also gonna stop by their pop-up location in DC this weekend just to confirm my choice! They've got great frames.

Leave a comment:

• Chevalier
    replied
    Has anyone tried their sunglasses, non-prescription?

Leave a comment:

• rayguy24
    replied
    Originally posted by boldface View Post
    I've just only recently heard about Warby Parker. It was actually through looking up more info on Beckett Simonon and seeing them compared to Warby Parker (http://www.inc.com/eric-markowitz/th...t-simonon.html).

But it looks like most of the comments on this thread, other than davidw25's, are related to their prescription glasses. Does anyone else have further experience with their non-RX sunglasses? It doesn't seem like it's as much of a value when just buying the non-RX sunglasses when you could find some Ray-Bans for similar prices. I do like some of their stylings but it seems like the comments are saying the quality could be better. Any one that could chime in with more info on their sunglasses, it would appreciated. Thanks.
    Good point. I think the only real value is with the cost of their Rx lenses compared to others. You should give their free at home fittings promotion a try though and see how they work out for you first hand. That's what I did prior to ordering my Rx eyeglasses.

Leave a comment:

• boldface
    replied
    I've just only recently heard about Warby Parker. It was actually through looking up more info on Beckett Simonon and seeing them compared to Warby Parker (http://www.inc.com/eric-markowitz/th...t-simonon.html).

But it looks like most of the comments on this thread, other than davidw25's, are related to their prescription glasses. Does anyone else have further experience with their non-RX sunglasses? It doesn't seem like it's as much of a value when just buying the non-RX sunglasses when you could find some Ray-Bans for similar prices. I do like some of their stylings but it seems like the comments are saying the quality could be better. Any one that could chime in with more info on their sunglasses, it would appreciated. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• davidw25
    replied
    I had a great experience with them for a pair of sunglasses. They came in and were lopsided, they felt awkward on my face, when i laid them on a table they were not flush on both sides. They took them back no questions asked, shipped the new pair out immediately, before I even had a chance to put the first pair back in the mail. Had a chance to wear them today and they fit great!

Leave a comment:

• louisvillesmuggler
    replied
    I just received my 5 try on frames - pretty impressed. As Derek said above, there should be no reason to go to a lens crafters again.

Leave a comment:

• DerekH
    replied
    I bought my first set back in December and am a huge fan of these guys. I agree with a lot of this thread on the quality level, however, I'd rather own four pairs of differently styled Warby Parkers than one pair of some other frame. For me, the price and variety options are what trumps it -- plus, I actually found the buying experience to be easier. I brought my home try on to the office after I'd narrowed down my frame choices to 3-4 options and asked some people their opinions; I could never do that at the traditional store buying model.

I don't see why I'd go back to buying from the Optometrist shop now, unless I'm getting a huge insurance-discount. It isn't even like they make the lens any faster than WP.

Has anyone tried the prescription sunglasses from WP? I've been considering a set for awhile, but that's something I'm not 100% sold on yet.

Leave a comment:

• John Hamnett
    replied
    Got the home trial box and none of them worked for me. I have a friend who swears by them... he and his gf got new pairs recently.

Leave a comment:

• Ian619
    replied
    I have a brand new pair of WP that I'm wearing today and I'll share my thoughts/experience with the company and provide some points of comparison.

My prescription is not that strong, slight near-sightedness. I don't wear glasses 24/7 and I wasn't getting tested every year regularly. I updated my prescription last month at LensCrafters (last exam was 2 years prior). Turns out my eyes got a little worse (I have astigmatism in both eyes) from last exam and the optomitrist said I really should be wearing them when I drive now (shit I'm getting old).

Anyways, my insurance is pretty solid, so I was able to get some nice, sleek Ermenegildo Zegna frames and the "top of the line" single vision lenses with all the premium coatings blah blah blah for $180. I know I'm paying for the name and I'm fine with that considering the titanium WP are like $150, I felt it was worth the slight price difference to get a designer frame that I loved.

My frames from 2 years ago are also Zegna, but a different style and I still like them a lot, so I found a company online (39dollarglasses.com) where you can send in your frame and they will put in new lenses. I opted for the same top of the line single vision with all the coatings, etc. That ran me like $80 + $6 for me to ship to them. Not bad at all if you don't have insurance. They also have standard single vision lenses that they can pop in for $39 or sell you a pair including frames for $39. LensCrafters price for the high end lenses without insurance is like $400+ ridiculousness and that's not even transition or bi-focal, etc.

Both of the Zegna frames are metal and I wanted to try some plastic frames for more casual wear or activities/outings where I wouldn't be heartbroken if they got damaged/lost etc. I did the at home try on and that was smooth. Their website is nice and has good features. Got to "model" them for my girlfriend and family to get their opinions on what looked best. I was on the fence on ordering them because do I really need 3 pairs of glasses, but then I got a notice about a $10 statement credit for American Express when you spend $95 at WP (cost of one pair), so I figured for $85 why the heck not.

I got them today and I can confirm the AR coating doesn't look as good as my LensCrafters pair or the 39dollarglasses.com lenses (which were made by Seiko), but for the price I think it's fair. I think it's a great value if you don't have insurance. If you do have good insurance, then I think it's marginal (less selection, not that much cheaper). In fact it might be more expensive depending on the frames you like and the type of lense you need. My girlfriend got a pair for $65 at LensCrafters with insurance that she loves and she didn't find anything she liked at WP, which would have been $95.

So long and the short of it, I think it will be a great deal for some, and others not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    Originally posted by trash View Post
    I've read that this can be due to lower quality anti-reflective coatings, which pretty much all cheap eyeglasses will have. I'm not sure you can ask for no coating from WP though. Sucks that there's nothing in between - either cheapo glasses online or super expensive from the usual places. Since markups on eyewear are so high, you'd think there's some room for price competition.
    I think that's right, but it's not confined to only online sellers. The last pair of glasses I had, I got the frames from the factory and had the lenses put in my the optician at my optometrist's office. Within six months, they were all smudgy and foggy from the cheapo anti-reflective coating. I always ask them to leave it off now, and I don't find the view out of the lenses to be impaired at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X