No announcement yet.

Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. This thread is the only reason I check this section.

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I need to order a new suit soon. I'm looking for staple charcoal or perhaps navy, but you don't have either available in 40R (contemporary fit) right now. Can you offer any guidance on when they will be restocked? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
        [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I need to order a new suit soon. I'm looking for staple charcoal or perhaps navy, but you don't have either available in 40R (contemporary fit) right now. Can you offer any guidance on when they will be restocked? Thanks
        I have a charcoal sharkskin and regular navy restock for mid/end of June. They are under production as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
          I have a charcoal sharkskin and regular navy restock for mid/end of June. They are under production as we speak.
          Ok, thanks. I was hoping for something sooner, but maybe this will work if they come in early.

Comment

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet, but Spier and Mackay have released their cotton and linen-blend suits!

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
              I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet, but Spier and Mackay have released their cotton and linen-blend suits!
              Saw those yesterday. Really intrigued by the "copper" silk linen blend. I wish they'd released them as separates. I could use one or two more summer jackets. Ended up ordering some inexpensive J.Crew Factory linen suits instead, since I can return the trousers if they don't fit or I don't like them as suits.
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                Saw those yesterday. Really intrigued by the "copper" silk linen blend. I wish they'd released them as separates. I could use one or two more summer jackets. Ended up ordering some inexpensive J.Crew Factory linen suits instead, since I can return the trousers if they don't fit or I don't like them as suits.
                Agreed. I don't really need a suit but as separates some of them really stand out to me. Patch pockets help if you decide to split them up.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  TBH, even wearing them as separates wouldn't be a bad idea. The copper trousers would look great with a blue sportcoat, and it's still cheaper as a suit than sportcoats are at places like SuitSupply at just $300 after the US/Canadian exchange rate

Comment

I will warn those ahead of time. The Copper is Linen/Silk. The silk does add a bit of sheen to the cloth at certain angles. Not a lot, but enough to notice. It doesn't show up in the pics so I thought I'd mention it here.

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] the new suits look amazing! Can you give a sense of the shade of blue on the wool/linen check suit? It looks brighter than the blue windowpane but curious how you all are describing it.

Comment

Does anyone know how often they run sitewide sales?

I nabbed my first suit ever during their 20% off Christmas sale and have been looking to try their custom shirting option, but wanted to wait for another sale.

Comment

Originally posted by SWong37 View Post
                          Does anyone know how often they run sitewide sales?

I nabbed my first suit ever during their 20% off Christmas sale and have been looking to try their custom shirting option, but wanted to wait for another sale.
                          From my experience it's kind of what you would expect from retailers. End of season sales to clear out room for new stock and usually a sale or two on the big holidays.

Comment

I will warn those ahead of time. The Copper is Linen/Silk. The silk does add a bit of sheen to the cloth at certain angles. Not a lot, but enough to notice. It doesn't show up in the pics so I thought I'd mention it here.
                            Do you have any photos of this fabric other than the website? Those images are so contrasty it's hard to get a feel for the look.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                              Do you have any photos of this fabric other than the website? Those images are so contrasty it's hard to get a feel for the look.
                              This is a natural/daylight image. https://www.instagram.com/p/BSJ4LDDj...ermackay&hl=en it's a fairly accurate representation of the colour/fabric.

Comment

This is a natural/daylight image. https://www.instagram.com/p/BSJ4LDDj...ermackay&hl=en it's a fairly accurate representation of the colour/fabric.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X