Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Spier and Mackay

    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I know you just rolled out the new suiting, which looks fantastic by the way. I was wondering if there might be some new cotton/linen shirt options in the pipeline? Current options seem kind of limited without going custom.

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by flatbear View Post
      Does this size closer to combatent gent or j crew ludlow? I find that jcrew 38s the shoulders are too wide and the 36s the shoulders are too short/tight. 38s in combatent gent is better for me but the shoulders are still a bit wide. I'm 5'4 and 135 lbs so kind of short but not really fat or skinny. [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]
      I'm 5' 6" 145 lbs and I have a 36R light grey check Slim Fit suit from S&M. The shoulders fit just right and the waist gives a very good tapered silhouette. The length of the jacket is a bit on the long side though - would've preferred a 36S if available.

      I'd say go with a 34S if you don't have broader shoulders than normal.
      5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
        I'm 5' 6" 145 lbs and I have a 36R light grey check Slim Fit suit from S&M. The shoulders fit just right and the waist gives a very good tapered silhouette. The length of the jacket is a bit on the long side though - would've preferred a 36S if available.

        I'd say go with a 34S if you don't have broader shoulders than normal.
        Did you mean to say 38S? [MENTION=14142]flatbear[/MENTION] says a 36S Ludlow is too tight so wouldn't 34S be way too small? Maybe 36S in the Contemporary fit would serve him better.

        I have similar measurements to both of you and the 36S Slim fits pretty well but it sounds like [MENTION=14142]flatbear[/MENTION] might have slightly broader shoulders.
        Last edited by Geo; March 3, 2017, 03:39 PM.

        Comment


          #79
          I'm 5'6" 145-150 lbs and I had to return my 36S contemporary fit because the shoulders were a bit too big and I had a large collar gap. I would recommend 36S slim fit, that will be my next purchase

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Geo View Post
            Did you mean to say 38S? [MENTION=14142]flatbear[/MENTION] says a 36S Ludlow is too tight so wouldn't 34S be way too small? Maybe 36S in the Contemporary fit would serve him better.

            I have similar measurements to both of you and the 36S Slim fits pretty well but it sounds like [MENTION=14142]flatbear[/MENTION] might have slightly broader shoulders.
            In relation what Hank mentioned above, 36 Slim isn't even a glove-fit for my shoulders, just the right amount but not looking like it was measured based on my mine.

            To give you an idea of the fit:



            And no, I really mean 34S.

            Unless he has 38" chest, 38-sized jacket would be too loose for him.

            And I don't know many 5'4" 135-lb guy who wears 38R/S jackets.
            5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

            Comment


              #81
              That is a sharp looking suit

              Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
              In relation what Hank mentioned above, 36 Slim isn't even a glove-fit for my shoulders, just the right amount but not looking like it was measured based on my mine.

              To give you an idea of the fit:



              And no, I really mean 34S.

              Unless he has 38" chest, 38-sized jacket would be too loose for him.

              And I don't know many 5'4" 135-lb guy who wears 38R/S jackets.

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                In relation what Hank mentioned above, 36 Slim isn't even a glove-fit for my shoulders, just the right amount but not looking like it was measured based on my mine.

                And no, I really mean 34S.

                Unless he has 38" chest, 38-sized jacket would be too loose for him.

                And I don't know many 5'4" 135-lb guy who wears 38R/S jackets.
                Sorry, your advice was a little confusing based on the sizing descriptions flatbear gave. He says a Ludlow 36S is a little narrow so I don't see how a 34S would fit. I thought you were saying that since a S&M Slim is a bit slimmer than the Ludlow, and a Ludlow 38S is a little big on flatbear, then a S&M Slim 38S could work.

                I also don't think many 5'4" 135 lb guys would wear a size 38. That's why I thought a 36 Contemporary might be better (but I guess not based on Hanks experience).

                I think your follow up post makes a lot of sense but I don't think that was clear in your first post. The first post you say the shoulder fit just right and the second you say the shoulders isn't a glove fit.

                BTW, I remember you posting that picture in the WIWT thread and it was what made me go with S&M. I think you even helped me with a fit question so obviously you know what you're talking about. I'm sorry if this came off as combative as that wasn't my intent.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  Sorry, your advice was a little confusing based on the sizing descriptions flatbear gave. He says a Ludlow 36S is a little narrow so I don't see how a 34S would fit. I thought you were saying that since a S&M Slim is a bit slimmer than the Ludlow, and a Ludlow 38S is a little big on flatbear, then a S&M Slim 38S could work.

                  I also don't think many 5'4" 135 lb guys would wear a size 38. That's why I thought a 36 Contemporary might be better (but I guess not based on Hanks experience).

                  I think your follow up post makes a lot of sense but I don't think that was clear in your first post. The first post you say the shoulder fit just right and the second you say the shoulders isn't a glove fit.

                  BTW, I remember you posting that picture in the WIWT thread and it was what made me go with S&M. I think you even helped me with a fit question so obviously you know what you're talking about. I'm sorry if this came off as combative as that wasn't my intent.
                  No, not at all buddy

                  Glad to influence everyone in my own little way.

                  Now, if we only have more funds....
                  5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Rpd362 View Post
                    That is a sharp looking suit
                    Thank you good sir.
                    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Perusing another forum, I noticed that there seem to be cotton sportcoats on the way, though I thought Rick said here that the hopsacks would be the only S/S sportcoats this year.

                      http://www.styleforum.net/t/383376/s...0#post_8787014

                      Comment


                        #86
                        I inquired to Customer Service about MTO sportcoats and was informed that a few of their spring suits will have patch pockets and soft shoulders just like their sport coats. They will have lighter colors and patterns coming in mid-late April

                        Comment


                          #87
                          The Cotton Jackets are actually part of a cotton suit. 2 colours. Light Tan and Bright Navy. But it's more casual and can be broken up and worn as a sportcoat. Patch pockets, unpadded shoulder.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I emailed [email protected] asking about a return or exchange for order 23521 and have not heard back yet. Is there a better way to get in contact?

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by Abbottsc View Post
                              [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I emailed [email protected] asking about a return or exchange for order 23521 and have not heard back yet. Is there a better way to get in contact?
                              Sherry should have replied to you by now.

                              Cheers

                              Comment


                                #90
                                It feels so wrong that this thread is in this forum and that CG still has their thread in the main forum...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X