Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatbear View Post
    has anyone tried their tropical weight suits? does it make a real difference in hot weather or is it just branding
    Tropical weight is not a branding thing. It is factual and yes, it does make a difference in hot weather. I live in Atlanta and have several tropical weight and fresco suits that are absolutely perfect for warm weather.

Comment

Spier and Mackay

SM really needs to get it together.
      Placed an order on the 28th of April for the white linen blend and blue strip linen blend shirts. Now 9 days later they email to say hey the stripped shirt is sold out. Really?? 9 days!!!!!! It wasn’t sold out when I paid for it. No offer of apology or nothing.
      Last edited by jfo2010; May 7, 2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Just wish they'd restock a bit before the sale. Can't spend my money, sale or not, if the product is not in stock.

Comment

How is the length of the jackets determined? For example, would the 40R Contemporary fit be 29.9 from the top of the collar, or the bottom? Thanks!
          instagram.com/cutandbasted
          cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION], sent a pm about an order I'm trying to place. I'm sure you guys are busy, would it be better to try calling a store?

Comment

Love S&M's fit but they need to bring in a better web technician. Their search feature is a mess. Trying to find a new suit during their sale. I put in 40R contemporary. It's showing suits out of stock, slim suits, suits that are not available in 40R. Then if I do the old scroll through everything I see suits the search didn't bring up available in my size. It makes it difficult.

Comment

I think I’ve seen Rick mention they are in the process of overhauling the site but that it takes a while. Not sure of the timeframe but it seems to be a known issue to them. The out of stock situation is just as annoying, 10 days after ordering you get an email saying it’s out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
                  How is the length of the jackets determined? For example, would the 40R Contemporary fit be 29.9 from the top of the collar, or the bottom? Thanks!
                  Length measurements are from the base of the collar, at the seam. This used to be stated in the fit guide, but it appears to have been lost when the site was updated.

Comment

How does the sizing on the cotton trousers compare to the suits? On the suits in my 33 waist it says 27" thigh and on the cotton trousers it says 24.5 ... is that right? Am I misreading it or interpreting it?

Comment

Does anyone have some real life pics of the burgundy suit? I want to see how burgundy in real life situations.

Comment

Any advice on sizing for the shoes? Are they true to size? (I’m typically a 10.5 in AE, 9.5-10 in Alden depending on the last)

Comment

Has anyone checked out S&M MTO soft launch? They appear to be offering MTO Suits, Sportcoats, and Trousers, which is different than their MTM in-store program. They are also offering 10% off until next Wednesday with SFMTO10.

I am thinking of getting some MTO flannel trousers as I always have issues with their OTR seat measurements in my waist size.

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] if I wear 16 or 16.5 neck contemporary shirts and large polos and t-shirts, would I wear large in the crew neck and cardigan sweaters as well? I'm kind of in between medium and large with other stores. So I don't want to drown in the sweater, but I also don't want it to look shrink wrapped onto me.

Comment

Originally posted by MIS997 View Post
                              Any advice on sizing for the shoes? Are they true to size? (I’m typically a 10.5 in AE, 9.5-10 in Alden depending on the last)
                              Size down half (we suggest a 10 for you) seems to be the rule of thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                                [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] if I wear 16 or 16.5 neck contemporary shirts and large polos and t-shirts, would I wear large in the crew neck and cardigan sweaters as well? I'm kind of in between medium and large with other stores. So I don't want to drown in the sweater, but I also don't want it to look shrink wrapped onto me.
                                Go with the large then.

Comment

Working...
                                X