Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anyone know if their pants all come the same length? I know they come unhemmed, but I just tried getting a pair hemmed by a tailor and when I picked them up they were still unhemmed and he claimed that they came shorter than the length I wanted them hemmed to. I'd be equally bewildered by S&M selling pants unhemmed at less than a 32 inch inseam or by this tailor cutting them too short and then faking an unfinished hem to get off the hook, but I guess it has to be one of those two.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by skewl View Post
      Does anyone know if their pants all come the same length? I know they come unhemmed, but I just tried getting a pair hemmed by a tailor and when I picked them up they were still unhemmed and he claimed that they came shorter than the length I wanted them hemmed to. I'd be equally bewildered by S&M selling pants unhemmed at less than a 32 inch inseam or by this tailor cutting them too short and then faking an unfinished hem to get off the hook, but I guess it has to be one of those two.
      Why didn't your tailor mention that when you dropped them off? FWIW the unfinished inseam on all their trousers inseam definitely supposed to be the same across all of them. I'm not sure what the actual number is but in my experience I'd say at a minimum of 34 inches.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by skewl View Post
        Does anyone know if their pants all come the same length? I know they come unhemmed, but I just tried getting a pair hemmed by a tailor and when I picked them up they were still unhemmed and he claimed that they came shorter than the length I wanted them hemmed to. I'd be equally bewildered by S&M selling pants unhemmed at less than a 32 inch inseam or by this tailor cutting them too short and then faking an unfinished hem to get off the hook, but I guess it has to be one of those two.
        I believe they are 37in from S&M


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by skewl View Post
          Does anyone know if their pants all come the same length? I know they come unhemmed, but I just tried getting a pair hemmed by a tailor and when I picked them up they were still unhemmed and he claimed that they came shorter than the length I wanted them hemmed to. I'd be equally bewildered by S&M selling pants unhemmed at less than a 32 inch inseam or by this tailor cutting them too short and then faking an unfinished hem to get off the hook, but I guess it has to be one of those two.
          Generally 37" unfinished inseam.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
            Generally 37" unfinished inseam.
            Thanks for the response. Thankfully I bought 2 pairs and my favorite of the two came out properly hemmed, so not sure what to do with the second. If anyone with a <32 in inseam needs a winter-weight pair of blue wool dress pants, hmu!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
              That's not correct. What Item are you looking at. Can you link it. Thanks.
              I was just wondering more in general the difference between the contemporary and slim in sport coats/suit jackets. I received an e-mail from customer service as well which answered my question. I am curious as to what is not correct though. Something in my post, or the size guide I linked to?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mah View Post
                I was just wondering more in general the difference between the contemporary and slim in sport coats/suit jackets. I received an e-mail from customer service as well which answered my question. I am curious as to what is not correct though. Something in my post, or the size guide I linked to?
                I don't see a link. Can you copy/paste the link here to the item you are looking at? Or are you looking at the general fit guide size chart?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                  I don't see a link. Can you copy/paste the link here to the item you are looking at? Or are you looking at the general fit guide size chart?
                  https://www.spierandmackay.com/size-guide

                  I was looking at the general size chart, but it's the same as the size chart linked to any sport coat I look at as well?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mah View Post
                    https://www.spierandmackay.com/size-guide

                    I was looking at the general size chart, but it's the same as the size chart linked to any sport coat I look at as well?
                    On the general chart there is a difference between the slim and contemporary. The contemporary is on average 1" larger in the chest and 1.25" larger in the waist compared to the same size slim. It's not a huge difference, but other proportions are also adjusted making the fit in the jackets quite noticeable.

                    Comment


                    • C'mon black friday....daddy needs new pants.

                      Comment


                      • Would shortening the sleeves on the extra slim fit shirts by 2 inches have any adverse effects? I know it can be done. Just not sure if it will look akward.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          Would shortening the sleeves on the extra slim fit shirts by 2 inches have any adverse effects? I know it can be done. Just not sure if it will look akward.
                          Not if the tailor also moves the placket. The sleeve pleats will be a little deeper. Other than that, not too much. What sleeve length do you need and in what size?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                            Not if the tailor also moves the placket. The sleeve pleats will be a little deeper. Other than that, not too much. What sleeve length do you need and in what size?
                            I wear size 15 x 32. I've shortened sleeves by 2 inches before but it looked awkward because it was significantly wider two inches up.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Would shortening the sleeves on the extra slim fit shirts by 2 inches have any adverse effects? I know it can be done. Just not sure if it will look akward.
                              Just going to mention, depending on the material, if it's their lighter ones, then wash the shirts a few times first! I lost 0.5 - 1" in sleeve length and had to donate my shirts, but the heavy weight ones are still going strong without issue.

                              Would suck to tailor then have it shrink

                              Comment


                              • Gents, Black Friday is Live: Use Code: BF2018

                                20% Off Site Wide. Includes Bundles and Sale Merch. https://www.spierandmackay.com/

                                Enjoy!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X