• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfo2010
    replied
    Spier and Mackay

SM really needs to get it together.
    Placed an order on the 28th of April for the white linen blend and blue strip linen blend shirts. Now 9 days later they email to say hey the stripped shirt is sold out. Really?? 9 days!!!!!! It wasn’t sold out when I paid for it. No offer of apology or nothing.
    Last edited by jfo2010; May 7, 2019, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• goodwillhinton
    replied
    Originally posted by flatbear View Post
    has anyone tried their tropical weight suits? does it make a real difference in hot weather or is it just branding
    Tropical weight is not a branding thing. It is factual and yes, it does make a difference in hot weather. I live in Atlanta and have several tropical weight and fresco suits that are absolutely perfect for warm weather.

Leave a comment:

• flatbear
    replied
    has anyone tried their tropical weight suits? does it make a real difference in hot weather or is it just branding

Leave a comment:

• Rawfull
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptDefias View Post
    SpierMackay,

Hey! I've heard rumors that you are planning to shift to a selection for both collar size and sleeve length on your OCBDs. Is this true? If so, when?

If not, are you planning to restock your extra slim OCBD selection anytime soon? I'm need of your amazing collar roll but you're out of my size! Thank you.

- CaptDefias
    They made the change over to allowing customers to chose their fit, collar size and sleeve length a while ago. IMO I would just go MTM a few oxfords instead of waiting on a restock as the current release schedule is still for spring/summer items.

Leave a comment:

• CaptDefias
    replied
    SpierMackay,

Hey! I've heard rumors that you are planning to shift to a selection for both collar size and sleeve length on your OCBDs. Is this true? If so, when?

If not, are you planning to restock your extra slim OCBD selection anytime soon? I'm need of your amazing collar roll but you're out of my size! Thank you.

- CaptDefias

Leave a comment:

• TheManJournals
    replied
    Guys, is there something wrong with your website? I get all kinds of weird error messages when I am on your site.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Does S&M no longer ship hangers with their clothes? Love their pants hangers and am a bit ocd having all mine match. My latest two pant order had no hangers.

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the linen popovers? I took a gamble during the 20% sale, but this thing seems wonky. Wideer in the chest/shoulders than all of my other S&M shirts in the same size and almost tunic length, making it too long to wear untucked. Is this normal? Was I wrong to think of a popover as an untucked/casual style?
    The width has to be bigger so you can get it over your head comfortably. Popovers are generally more relaxed and looser. The length should be the same though as a tuck in shirt.

DM me the size you picked up. I'll walk you through some measurements to check if the size is indeed correct. If it's off, you can send it back. np.

Leave a comment:

• Rawfull
    replied
    The popovers from last year wear done in a fuller cut. This was done to A) leave enough room to comfortably put on and take off the shirts and B) a popover is traditionally a roomier fit for added airflow.

I have the navy from last year and if it weren’t for the extra room I would not be able to put it on without worrying about tearing the seams. Hearing that yours is also much longer than normal is unusual though. Mine didn’t seem any longer than my other S&M shirts. Unfortunately I can’t compare it to any others as I have transitioned most of my shirts over to MTM by now.

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Maybe you can weigh in on this?

Leave a comment:

• Alex.C
    replied
    Anyone have any experience with the linen popovers? I took a gamble during the 20% sale, but this thing seems wonky. Wideer in the chest/shoulders than all of my other S&M shirts in the same size and almost tunic length, making it too long to wear untucked. Is this normal? Was I wrong to think of a popover as an untucked/casual style?

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron View Post
    Regarding your Premium solid poplin dress shirt I am wondering what size to order in slim fit. Should I go with a 15 1/2 or a 16?

My chest measures 41 inches. I wear a 42R in a jacket and I usually wear 15 1/2 33 shirts from Brook Brothers as a comparison.

Thanks.
    I suggest a 16. Brooks fits fairly full in comparison

Leave a comment:

• Ron
    replied
    Regarding your Premium solid poplin dress shirt I am wondering what size to order in slim fit. Should I go with a 15 1/2 or a 16?

My chest measures 41 inches. I wear a 42R in a jacket and I usually wear 15 1/2 33 shirts from Brook Brothers as a comparison.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] - you mentioned on Instagram that you'll be releasing some new denim shirts. When can we expect those? Thanks!
    Very soon. They are en route to us now. Should be within the next couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• sdjackofclubs
    replied
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] - you mentioned on Instagram that you'll be releasing some new denim shirts. When can we expect those? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by TheManJournals View Post
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Are you guys planning on planning to re-introduce some linen shirts for summer? I am especially interested in the grid weave one.
    We are, but we won't be repeating exactly what we had last year except for the solids/basics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X