No announcement yet.

Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d love buy some of your shirts but you’re constantly out of 16’s in contemporary fit.

Comment

Originally posted by MIS997 View Post
      I’d love buy some of your shirts but you’re constantly out of 16’s in contemporary fit.
      More on the way. Any particular colour/pattern?

Comment

@SpierMackay: Any chance of a blue unlined fresco suit in your Neopolitan cut at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by goodwillhinton View Post
          @SpierMackay: Any chance of a blue unlined fresco suit in your Neopolitan cut at some point?
          We're planning Minnis Fresco for next summer in a shade one lighter than true navy.

This year we just got a Pacific Blue in from frilarte. It's a high twist, and technically a fresco weave.

https://www.spierandmackay.com/pacific-blue.html

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
            We're planning Minnis Fresco for next summer in a shade one lighter than true navy.

This year we just got a Pacific Blue in from frilarte. It's a high twist, and technically a fresco weave.

https://www.spierandmackay.com/pacific-blue.html
            I absolutely love the Pacific Blue color but I was looking for unlined or at least minimally lined. This one appears to be fully lined which would seem to hinder the cooling effect on the high twist, no? I had read about the Minnis Fresco next summer but was thinking that color may be darker than I am wanting. Do you have the product # on that color from Huddersfield? Thanks Rick!

Comment

I absolutely love the Pacific Blue color but I was looking for unlined or at least minimally lined. This one appears to be fully lined which would seem to hinder the cooling effect on the high twist, no? I had read about the Minnis Fresco next summer but was thinking that color may be darker than I am wanting. Do you have the product # on that color from Huddersfield? Thanks Rick!
              Nope. Quarter Lined. It's on our sportcoat block to make it a blazer suit. I have the jacket hanging here in my office and I can confirm it's 1/4 lined.

Comment

Nope. Quarter Lined. It's on our sportcoat block to make it a blazer suit. I have the jacket hanging here in my office and I can confirm it's 1/4 lined.
                A few other questions Rick:
                1. Soft shoulders on this one?
                2. Can I assume that this suit is as breezy and light as anything you carry?
                3. If I wear a 42S in SS Havana, what size would you recommend on this one?
                4. Do you have any photos of this in the wild? Curious how bright that blue is.

Comment

A few other questions Rick:
                  1. Soft shoulders on this one?
                  2. Can I assume that this suit is as breezy and light as anything you carry?
                  3. If I wear a 42S in SS Havana, what size would you recommend on this one?
                  4. Do you have any photos of this in the wild? Curious how bright that blue is.
                  Yes, shoulders are unpadded, with a slight spalla.

Yes, this is an open weave, high twist from Filarte. It technically is a Fresco weave, but we market the Minnis and VBC as Fresco

Order your same size as Suitsupply Havana.

Just came in. Nothing out in the wild yet. Web pic is fairly accurate. On my monitor it may be a little less saturated IRL, but still a very sharp blue.

Comment

Yes, shoulders are unpadded, with a slight spalla.

Yes, this is an open weave, high twist from Filarte. It technically is a Fresco weave, but we market the Minnis and VBC as Fresco

Order your same size as Suitsupply Havana.

Just came in. Nothing out in the wild yet. Web pic is fairly accurate. On my monitor it may be a little less saturated IRL, but still a very sharp blue.
                    Final question: Contemporary or Slim?

Comment

Final question: Contemporary or Slim?
                      Contemporary.

Comment

I had been planning for some time to pull the trigger on the new batch of hopsacks and am eyeing them with interest. Without criticizing the (still excellent) value at $328, my expectations did take a hit from the price increase and am now considering waiting for the likely suitsupply outlet posting in July/August.

You don't happen to be running any discount codes that would be applicable to these new hopsacks right now, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by pacificsands View Post
                          I had been planning for some time to pull the trigger on the new batch of hopsacks and am eyeing them with interest. Without criticizing the (still excellent) value at $328, my expectations did take a hit from the price increase and am now considering waiting for the likely suitsupply outlet posting in July/August.

You don't happen to be running any discount codes that would be applicable to these new hopsacks right now, do you?
                          Wool prices have skyrocketed lately and this is the result. S&M doesn't really run codes except for the occasional end of season sale to clear out stock and as a result keeps their offerings competitively priced. $328 is a pretty good price if you ask me. I went on a bit of a spending spree a couple weeks ago at S&M and would be all over the hopsack if I had the funds.

Comment

Originally posted by pacificsands View Post

I would not wait on the SS outlet for a staple piece. It is rare they run staple items unless it is the last piece in a random size.

Also having a number of SS jackets and just received my first S&M jacket, hands down the quality of S&M feels better than that of SS. Plus how can you not love the look of the Neapolitan jacket?

Comment

Started our Daily Deal Flash Sales again for seasonal summer merch. Check it out here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkkxVxsHe4y/?hl=en

Comment

Day two of our Daily Deal Flash Sales:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BknWLG8HspM/?hl=en

Comment

Working...
                                X