Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY BERFDAY!!!!

And for all those who haven't experienced the joy of slub, if they're still available in your size, GET ONE NOW.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Just picked up this jacket (posted in the other thread), but I do have a couple questions about it’s lining.

I really do like the fabric and the pattern looks great in person, but I noticed something different about the lining that stands out compared to the three other Spier & Mackay sporcoats I own.

Lining:

It goes below the armhole and attaches low to the chest of the jacket, whereas the rest of my S&M jackets have a lining that looks like this:

I’m just wondering if there’s a reason why. Is it a functional thing? Does it save cost?

Comment

Any plans to restock the navy sharkskin suits in the near future? (Product Code: 10005 043/4 22112-2F1H1)

Thanks

Comment

Got my S&M polos today. They fit well but a bit long so I chucked ‘em in the washer (cold) and dryer (low) per recommendations in this thread. They now fit really well. (Size small, 5’9” and ~155 lbs with a semi-athletic build. Size small is my typical size, though I have been edging more into awkward smedium territory lately as I’ve been lifting and eating more.)

I got the spread collar and they are very similar to the Kent Wang polos, not only in collar design/shape but also the placket, the material, etc. I have light grey in both brands and I had to hold them next to each other to see any difference in the material. The collars on these are not quite as robust as the Kent Wangs and they did curl slightly at the tip after washing/drying, unlike the Kent Wangs which have held their shape after numerous wears and washes. But a quick blast with a hot iron and some steam straightened the S&M collar tips out.

Overall I’d say these are 90% as good as the Kent Wang polos for less than half the price.

I can’t comment too much on the size/fit comparison between the two since I got my Kent Wang polos in size medium, which was probably a size too big for me. Overall I’d say the S&M polos fit true to size if you are accustomed to wearing slim fit clothing.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Got my S&M polos today. They fit well but a bit long so I chucked ‘em in the washer (cold) and dryer (low) per recommendations in this thread. They now fit really well. (Size small, 5’9” and ~155 lbs with a semi-athletic build. Size small is my typical size, though I have been edging more into awkward smedium territory lately as I’ve been lifting and eating more.)

I got the spread collar and they are very similar to the Kent Wang polos. The collars on these are not quite as robust as the Kent Wangs and they did curl slightly at the tip after washing/drying, unlike the Kent Wangs which have held their shape after numerous wears and washes. But a quick blast with a hot iron and some steam straightened the S&M collar tips out.

Overall I’d say these are 90% as good as the Kent Wang polos for less than half the price.

I can’t comment too much on the size/fit comparison between the two since I got my Kent Wang polos in size medium, which was probably a size too big for me. Overall I’d say the S&M polos fit true to size if you are accustomed to wearing slim fit clothing.
            Could you comment on which is better for really (really) warm weather?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
              I would say they’d be the same, since the material is virtually identical. I know some people really don’t like thicker cotton pique for warm weather and both of these brands use that, so take that as you will.
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post
                I don’t own a Kent Wang, but I wore the S&M button down collar to an all day outdoor food and wine festival with temps in the high 80s to low 90s and had no issues.
                Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                --Jason Isbell

Comment

About a week ago the temps hit the high 80s here in MA and I wore my Polo all day with no issues.

Comment

Uuuuuuugh, once again I place an order and after eight days of radio silence I get an email informing me that items I ordered are out of stock.

I love you, [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION], but I can't imagine any excuse for why this type of inventory lag - or timely customer communication regarding the same - still exists.
                    Ben

Comment

Uuuuuuugh, once again I place an order and after eight days of radio silence I get an email informing me that items I ordered are out of stock.

I love you, [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION], but I can't imagine any excuse for why this type of inventory lag - or timely customer communication regarding the same - still exists.
                      It shouldn't still exist. PM me your order #.
                      We're running a physical inventory right now to make sure the online system an the warehouse are in line and looking at making some administrative changes very soon that should handle these stock issues better.

Comment

We're running a Massdrop Exclusive starting today for a proper casual version of our popular OCBD. Cut slightly shorter to better wear untucked. Also fully unlined collar/cuffs. Box Pleat with locket loop and button at the back of the collar. A great casual!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spier-m...drop-exclusive

Cheers!

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]

Same issue here. Was excited to have my wedding suit picked out but received an e-mail a week later saying it was out of stock. Requested a refund and haven't heard back.

Comment

Originally posted by yoondaddy View Post
                            [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]

Same issue here. Was excited to have my wedding suit picked out but received an e-mail a week later saying it was out of stock. Requested a refund and haven't heard back.
                            PM me the order number. I'll get this resolved ASAP.

Comment

100% Irish Linen Trousers are Live:

https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/.../trousers.html

Comment

Nice Irish Linen Trousers! One problem...my waist around where I wear my pants is 29.5. The smallest waist size you have is a 30 which fits waists 30.5 inches. I am out of luck, aren't I?

Comment

Working...
                                X