Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhinrich View Post
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] any chance of you rolling out a black tuxedo option in the near future?
    Yep. working on expanding our formal offerings, BUT I don't have a solid timeline on that at the moment.

Comment

For those that are interested the long awaited fresco and Ethomas jackets are up:

https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...-arrivals.html

Comment

Anyone know the basis weight of the fresco sportcoats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jfo2010 View Post
          Anyone know the basis weight of the fresco sportcoats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          10 oz

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I received two polos today and they’re nice.

But, do you have any sense of how much I could expect them to shrink? They would be washed cold, hung to dry in my normal use. I don’t have much (read any) room for shrinkage with the fit, but I think a size up would be too billowy.

Thanks.
            Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
            Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
            --Jason Isbell

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Congrats on the OCBDs. Picked up three in the Cont fit and they are perfect. Love the collar and fabric. Will there be a restock this spring? Would like some more but my size is all sold out.

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I also have some shrinkage questions as my polos arrived yesterday as well. I believe you mentioned somewhere on SF that these new ones won't really shrink much at all, is that correct? I only ask because I'm 5'7" and it can be difficult for me to find polos that are long enough that I can wear them untucked or tucked. The new polos fit me great except in length where I wouldn't mind a little bit of shrinkage to get them into that sweet spot for me.

That being said, these things are great! I might be picking up one or two more down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                  [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I received two polos today and they’re nice.

But, do you have any sense of how much I could expect them to shrink? They would be washed cold, hung to dry in my normal use. I don’t have much (read any) room for shrinkage with the fit, but I think a size up would be too billowy.

Thanks.
                  Normal Polos will shrink about 8%. These are treated with a technique called loop drying that limits the shrinkage. In a cold water wash and dryer, these will be about 5%. So for Example, the Medium has a back length of 27.5 inches from BoC. After washing/drying in a dryer will shrink 1 3/8" and settle about 26 1/8" a good, untucked length.

If you cold wash and hang to dry it will be less. Around 3%.

Comment

Originally posted by njflex View Post
                    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Congrats on the OCBDs. Picked up three in the Cont fit and they are perfect. Love the collar and fabric. Will there be a restock this spring? Would like some more but my size is all sold out.
                    Thanks. We have some restock on the way. Any particular colour/size?

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] How slim/fitted are the polo's?

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                        Thanks. We have some restock on the way. Any particular colour/size?
                        Great! Looking for 16/34 in white, light blue, and pink university stripe. Also, if you ever produced a solid pink in the future, I would purchase one or two.

Comment

Originally posted by AC View Post
                          [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] How slim/fitted are the polo's?
                          I would consider them a slim fit. If you are looking for more of a traditional fit, size up one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                            [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I also have some shrinkage questions as my polos arrived yesterday as well. I believe you mentioned somewhere on SF that these new ones won't really shrink much at all, is that correct? I only ask because I'm 5'7" and it can be difficult for me to find polos that are long enough that I can wear them untucked or tucked. The new polos fit me great except in length where I wouldn't mind a little bit of shrinkage to get them into that sweet spot for me.

That being said, these things are great! I might be picking up one or two more down the road.
                            What size did you order? I'm 5'7 and ordered smalls. they should be arriving soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                              What size did you order? I'm 5'7 and ordered smalls. they should be arriving soon.
                              I'm 5'7" 170 (yes chubby) and wear a medium.

Comment

[MENTION=9190]Pepetito[/MENTION] I'm a slim 135lbs but have a somewhat pronounced chest and went with Small. If it helps I wear a 36s contemporary only because there isn't enough room in the chest on the slims for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X