Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baskew View Post
    [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] I emailed customer service about a month ago the exact same question (same size too) and they said they won't have the ocean blue again
    Nooooo. I was hoping it would make a return! Here's hoping they bring something as good or better this year.

Comment

Originally posted by baskew View Post
      [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] I emailed customer service about a month ago the exact same question (same size too) and they said they won't have the ocean blue again
      SemperSadface™.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
        Which would be more versatile? The blue or brown gun check? I have mid grey, mid blue, navy and charcoal trousers and will likely pick up a pair of light brown/tan sometime this year. Add to that a plethora of white/blue shirts and more ties than I need.
        I would say the brown gun check would go better with your trouser selection... What other sportcoats do you currently have?

Comment

Originally posted by colHolm View Post
          I would say the brown gun check would go better with your trouser selection... What other sportcoats do you currently have?
          I just ordered the Bensol navy blazer from Nordstrom (hopefully it fits,) and I have Spier & Mackay's mid blue herringbone sportcoat and the Stafford charcoal windowpane merino jacket (which is nice but those shoulder pads...)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
            I just ordered the Bensol navy blazer from Nordstrom (hopefully it fits,) and I have Spier & Mackay's mid blue herringbone sportcoat and the Stafford charcoal windowpane merino jacket (which is nice but those shoulder pads...)
            Sounds like a dark brown will fit in nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              I received my navy hopsack sport coat but its going back. I think its to tight and hoping an exchange for a contemporary fit would be better. I posted this link in the "How does it fit" thread. Opinions welcome.

http://imgur.com/a/8buoR
              I think shoulders are spot on, sleeves too long and maybe a tad snug in waist, but not a deal breaker.

Comment

Spier and Mackay

Have waist let out .25 on each side and shorten sleeves. Then you're in business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by jfo2010; January 8, 2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=15820]SocratesRising[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14220]jfo2010[/MENTION]. Unfortunately, I still had to send it back because of a defect in the fabric. I'll stick with the slim fit when they restock but I really wish they'd run more of the navy two button sport coats.

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Any chance I can get an ETA on order 21091? I'm sure you were inundated with other Black Friday orders, rough estimate would be fine

Comment

Are there any differences besides tail length and sleeve length between a regular and a long? The long is only 1.5 inches longer in the back than my current spier and mackay suit which is actually just about what I would like (prefer a longer tail). I would obviously need the sleeves shortened almost two inches but don't see that being a real problem but wanted to know if there's anything I'm not thinking of.

Comment

Nope, a long is pretty much what you would expect. Longer jacket and sleeve length than a regular

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          Nope, a long is pretty much what you would expect. Longer jacket and sleeve length than a regular
                          I didn't know if the front pockets and button stance would also be lowered down. That would make it sit slightly differently.

Comment

Further 20% reduction on sale items to make way for S/S 17 stuff. SALEON is the code.

Comment

Was a real reason ever given as to why the original Spier and Mackay thread was closed? I noticed Rick hasn't posted in this one at all... I'd really love to take advantage of the extra 20% off they have going on right now, but the request to have the thread closed is a bit concerning. Is it foreshadowing something or am I just over-analyzing? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                                Was a real reason ever given as to why the original Spier and Mackay thread was closed? I noticed Rick hasn't posted in this one at all... I'd really love to take advantage of the extra 20% off they have going on right now, but the request to have the thread closed is a bit concerning. Is it foreshadowing something or am I just over-analyzing? Thanks.
                                Said the original poster, who was not Rick but another forum member, wanted it closed. Was odd to me considering Combatant Gent is still there.

Comment

Working...
                                X