Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jordan View Post
    Does anyone know if its normal that a pre-order would not show in your accounts order list? I have the e-mail confirmation and they already charged me, but the order just doesn't show in my order history. Estimated ship date was yesterday and I have not yet received a shipping confirmation, which made me check my order history.
    That's unusual. My pre-order shows in my history and I also got a shipment notification last night for my Bottoli light brown jacket. I would give them a call to find out what's up with your order.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
      That's unusual. My pre-order shows in my history and I also got a shipment notification last night for my Bottoli light brown jacket. I would give them a call to find out what's up with your order.
      I just went to grab lunch and when I came back the order was sitting on my porch. Weird!

Comment

[MENTION=2725]jordan[/MENTION] Very weird! That's one fast delivery too!

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
          I raised this issue on another forum, but I figured I'd ask those who only read/post here.

I've noticed that the poplin S&M shirts shrink substantially more (only wash and hang dry) than their twill counterparts. Just ordered the new version of the white poplin 17/35 and the sleeves are borderline to wear with a suit jacket, but the light blue twill did not shrink nearly as much.

Any one else notice this problem?
          Yup, same issue actually all shrunk from a 36 sleeve to the point I am now tossing about $500 worth of their shirts, my heavy twill one survived, but rest are all in the toss pile.

I did have this happen to one of my CT shirts, but that's the only one in the toss pile out of quite a few I have, I was actually hoping on that would happening with the 38 sleeve I bought by mistake...it won't shrink lol

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
            I raised this issue on another forum, but I figured I'd ask those who only read/post here.

I've noticed that the poplin S&M shirts shrink substantially more (only wash and hang dry) than their twill counterparts. Just ordered the new version of the white poplin 17/35 and the sleeves are borderline to wear with a suit jacket, but the light blue twill did not shrink nearly as much.

Any one else notice this problem?
            We found this with the white poplin after a few customers advised of the same. We're looking to change fabric suppliers on the next group post shrinkage tests. Should be in the 2% range. For example on a 25" sleeve (from shoulder) shrinkage is 0.5", which is the adjusted margin on the garment.

Comment

I have a basic question. If I order a 38S suit, how do I select my pants? I went online and tried, it doesn't seem like I can select my pants.

Comment

The pants are bundled in with a standard drop 6". No selection necessary. If you need pants smaller than what a drop 6 would get you then you can add a note requesting a specific size in the order and follow up with CS to see if they can accommodate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                  The pants are bundled in with a standard drop 6". No selection necessary. If you need pants smaller than what a drop 6 would get you then you can add a note requesting a specific size in the order and follow up with CS to see if they can accommodate you.
                  OK, thank you. I wonder where the standard drop 6" comes from. It would be interesting to find out how it came about from retail and historical perspective. I have never purchased a suit like this, i'm used to being able to select the pants separate according to my size.

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                    We found this with the white poplin after a few customers advised of the same. We're looking to change fabric suppliers on the next group post shrinkage tests. Should be in the 2% range. For example on a 25" sleeve (from shoulder) shrinkage is 0.5", which is the adjusted margin on the garment.
                    Hi SM, any new info about when a navy hopsack trouser (matching with current spring blazers) might be released?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post
                      Hi SM, any new info about when a navy hopsack trouser (matching with current spring blazers) might be released?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
                      The Navy Angelico Hopsack on the site right now is a Jacket only fabric. The weave is not tight enough for a trouser.

We have another Hopsack that is in a tighter weave coming end of April. This will be available in separates as Jacket and Trouser.

Comment

The Navy Angelico Hopsack on the site right now is a Jacket only fabric. The weave is not tight enough for a trouser.

We have another Hopsack that is in a tighter weave coming end of April. This will be available in separates as Jacket and Trouser.
                        Thank you! It's getting closer to summer weddings!

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] any chance you'll be releasing a 2nd round of the medium gray fresco pants? Those sold quick! Thanks!
                          instagram.com/cutandbasted
                          cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
                            [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] any chance you'll be releasing a 2nd round of the medium gray fresco pants? Those sold quick! Thanks!
                            We don't have more scheduled, but a lot of people ordered multiples sizes to test the fit, so we anticipate a bunch coming back. Best is to keep an eye out for sizes to pop back into stock.

Comment

We don't have more scheduled, but a lot of people ordered multiples sizes to test the fit, so we anticipate a bunch coming back. Best is to keep an eye out for sizes to pop back into stock.
                              Thanks!
                              instagram.com/cutandbasted
                              cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Comment

Minnis Tobacco Fresco jacket...glad I preordered this! Hope it fits!

Comment

Working...
                                X