Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jordan View Post
    Does anyone know if its normal that a pre-order would not show in your accounts order list? I have the e-mail confirmation and they already charged me, but the order just doesn't show in my order history. Estimated ship date was yesterday and I have not yet received a shipping confirmation, which made me check my order history.
    That's unusual. My pre-order shows in my history and I also got a shipment notification last night for my Bottoli light brown jacket. I would give them a call to find out what's up with your order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
      That's unusual. My pre-order shows in my history and I also got a shipment notification last night for my Bottoli light brown jacket. I would give them a call to find out what's up with your order.
      I just went to grab lunch and when I came back the order was sitting on my porch. Weird!

Comment

• [MENTION=2725]jordan[/MENTION] Very weird! That's one fast delivery too!

Comment

• Originally posted by burban View Post
          I raised this issue on another forum, but I figured I'd ask those who only read/post here.

I've noticed that the poplin S&M shirts shrink substantially more (only wash and hang dry) than their twill counterparts. Just ordered the new version of the white poplin 17/35 and the sleeves are borderline to wear with a suit jacket, but the light blue twill did not shrink nearly as much.

Any one else notice this problem?
          Yup, same issue actually all shrunk from a 36 sleeve to the point I am now tossing about $500 worth of their shirts, my heavy twill one survived, but rest are all in the toss pile.

I did have this happen to one of my CT shirts, but that's the only one in the toss pile out of quite a few I have, I was actually hoping on that would happening with the 38 sleeve I bought by mistake...it won't shrink lol

Comment

• Originally posted by burban View Post
            I raised this issue on another forum, but I figured I'd ask those who only read/post here.

I've noticed that the poplin S&M shirts shrink substantially more (only wash and hang dry) than their twill counterparts. Just ordered the new version of the white poplin 17/35 and the sleeves are borderline to wear with a suit jacket, but the light blue twill did not shrink nearly as much.

Any one else notice this problem?
            We found this with the white poplin after a few customers advised of the same. We're looking to change fabric suppliers on the next group post shrinkage tests. Should be in the 2% range. For example on a 25" sleeve (from shoulder) shrinkage is 0.5", which is the adjusted margin on the garment.

Comment

• I have a basic question. If I order a 38S suit, how do I select my pants? I went online and tried, it doesn't seem like I can select my pants.

Comment

• The pants are bundled in with a standard drop 6". No selection necessary. If you need pants smaller than what a drop 6 would get you then you can add a note requesting a specific size in the order and follow up with CS to see if they can accommodate you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                  The pants are bundled in with a standard drop 6". No selection necessary. If you need pants smaller than what a drop 6 would get you then you can add a note requesting a specific size in the order and follow up with CS to see if they can accommodate you.
                  OK, thank you. I wonder where the standard drop 6" comes from. It would be interesting to find out how it came about from retail and historical perspective. I have never purchased a suit like this, i'm used to being able to select the pants separate according to my size.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                    We found this with the white poplin after a few customers advised of the same. We're looking to change fabric suppliers on the next group post shrinkage tests. Should be in the 2% range. For example on a 25" sleeve (from shoulder) shrinkage is 0.5", which is the adjusted margin on the garment.
                    Hi SM, any new info about when a navy hopsack trouser (matching with current spring blazers) might be released?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dun View Post
                      Hi SM, any new info about when a navy hopsack trouser (matching with current spring blazers) might be released?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
                      The Navy Angelico Hopsack on the site right now is a Jacket only fabric. The weave is not tight enough for a trouser.

We have another Hopsack that is in a tighter weave coming end of April. This will be available in separates as Jacket and Trouser.

Comment

The Navy Angelico Hopsack on the site right now is a Jacket only fabric. The weave is not tight enough for a trouser.

We have another Hopsack that is in a tighter weave coming end of April. This will be available in separates as Jacket and Trouser.
                        Thank you! It's getting closer to summer weddings!

Comment

• [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] any chance you'll be releasing a 2nd round of the medium gray fresco pants? Those sold quick! Thanks!
                          instagram.com/cutandbasted
                          cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Comment

• Originally posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
                            [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] any chance you'll be releasing a 2nd round of the medium gray fresco pants? Those sold quick! Thanks!
                            We don't have more scheduled, but a lot of people ordered multiples sizes to test the fit, so we anticipate a bunch coming back. Best is to keep an eye out for sizes to pop back into stock.

Comment

We don't have more scheduled, but a lot of people ordered multiples sizes to test the fit, so we anticipate a bunch coming back. Best is to keep an eye out for sizes to pop back into stock.
                              Thanks!
                              instagram.com/cutandbasted
                              cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Comment

• Minnis Tobacco Fresco jacket...glad I preordered this! Hope it fits!

Comment

Working...
                                X