Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Got an email this morning from Spier & Mackay announcing dress shirts with multiple sleeve length options. I'd also like to know when those extra slim shirts will be available.
    On SF I believe Rick mentioned that the Extra Slim Fits should start going up with the S/S collection. So hopefully that isn't too far off.

Comment

Running a pretty crazy deal on Regular price trousers. 50% Off. Use code: PANTS50

Ends Sunday.

https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/.../trousers.html

Comment

Will the charcoal trousers match my charcoal suit I bought last year? I'm looking for an extra pair to match to jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
          Will the charcoal trousers match my charcoal suit I bought last year? I'm looking for an extra pair to match to jacket.
          Depends. We have several different charcoal. If the product codes line up then they match. What you are looking for is the 10005 001/x

Comment

I went ahead and bought them on faith then looked at my receipt that I thankfully saved. Same item number! Lucked out on that one. Thanks.

Comment

Not happy with the my latest experience with Spier.

Bought a custom shirt back in December and was only notified yesterday that the fabric was out of stock. Based on previous custom purchases, this is around the time when the shirt should have been delivered. What happened?

Received an offer to pick a different fabric and make up the price difference out of my pocket. At this point, other retailers *cough* SuitSupply *cough* would have offered to cover any difference on their end.

Comment

While I'm not here to make excuses, December is an extremely high volume sales month for retailers. And depending on their inventory tracking system & order processing system, they may not have seen the issue until it showed up. Lots of ordering systems work like a que; and if you're towards the end and something runs out, they won't notify you until they run out. Having a system to actively track whether product is over - sold is usually more costlier for the companies to utilize.

My $0.02

Comment

I'm also frustrated with S&M lately. My latest order is the third in the row where it's taken 2-3 weeks for me to receive an out of stock notification for one of the items I ordered.
                  Ben

Comment

Similar experiences as well here. I will still shop there but they definitely need to expand their CS department or something. Right now they have a still growing, and large, fanbase that seems to simply dwarf their own staffing's ability to catch up on orders after a promotion in a reasonable time.

Comment

Originally posted by PREID View Post
                      While I'm not here to make excuses, December is an extremely high volume sales month for retailers. And depending on their inventory tracking system & order processing system, they may not have seen the issue until it showed up. Lots of ordering systems work like a que; and if you're towards the end and something runs out, they won't notify you until they run out. Having a system to actively track whether product is over - sold is usually more costlier for the companies to utilize.

My $0.02
                      Only issue with this is Spier likes to indirectly compare themselves to SuitSupply.

I bought a pocket square when the outlet was open last week. Got a notification the next day it was out of stock and received a complimentary $25 USD giftcard without asking.

24 hours after the out of stock notice from Spier and I still haven't received a response from to their original email!

Comment

Originally posted by tallpike12 View Post
                        Only issue with this is Spier likes to indirectly compare themselves to SuitSupply.

I bought a pocket square when the outlet was open last week. Got a notification the next day it was out of stock and received a complimentary $25 USD giftcard without asking.

24 hours after the out of stock notice from Spier and I still haven't received a response from to their original email!
                        They compare their products to a similar quality as SuSu. They definitely don't compare themselves as a company to SuSu. The difference between a small, 2 location brick and mortar business and an international business with locations all over the globe is worlds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          They compare their products to a similar quality as SuSu. They definitely don't compare themselves as a company to SuSu. The difference between a small, 2 location brick and mortar business and an international business with locations all over the globe is worlds apart.
                          At the end of the day, they all compete on the full customer journey and that's how they'll be compared by customers.

Comment

Anyone know if their sports coats are significantly shorter than their suit jackets? Suit is just about the right length for me so might have to size up if there's a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
                              Anyone know if their sports coats are significantly shorter than their suit jackets? Suit is just about the right length for me so might have to size up if there's a big difference.
                              There's no difference in jacket length.

Comment

how close is the sizing to suit supply? I find that suit supply fits me pretty well and I dont really fit most off the rack suits that well in the shoulders (but suit supply is also not the cheapest). I also wear 36s suit supply

Comment

Working...
                                X