• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gents,

Doing $50 CAD off all outerwear this week: Use Code: COAT50
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...outerwear.html

Also last chance on $50 Off All Regular Priced suits: Use Code SUIT50
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/apparel/suits.html

And Finally, today is the last day for pre-orders on the sportcoats. Stocks are in and start shipping out tomorrow.

Comment

Your size 36S Slim blazer are just about a perfect fit for me, would you recommend a Size 36 or 38 in the Peacoat?

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
      Gents,

Doing $50 CAD off all outerwear this week: Use Code: COAT50
      https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...outerwear.html

Also last chance on $50 Off All Regular Priced suits: Use Code SUIT50

And Finally, today is the last day for pre-orders on the sportcoats. Stocks are in and start shipping out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by erock View Post
        Your size 36S Slim blazer are just about a perfect fit for me, would you recommend a Size 36 or 38 in the Peacoat?
        If you wear it like you would a normal jacket, then stay with your same size.

If you plan on wearing it over another jacket, like a sportcoat or suit, size up.

Comment

Gents, we need to clear out some shirt inventory so we're running a pretty ridiculous sale. Save an additional $10/shirt when you purchase 4 or more regular priced dress shirts.

This drops white labels shirts to $35 CAD ($27 USD) and Black Label shirts to $45 CAD ($35 USD).

This is at or less than CT Shirts or TM Lewin, and you are getting superior fabrics, construction, buttons, pattern matching, collars.

No promo code needed. Discount kicks in when 4th shirt is added to the cart.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Looking at getting some shirts, but I can't seem to find a sleeve size that matches. I currently wear CT Extra Slim Fit 16/34. Do you have something that would fit the same? Looking at the size chart, it looks like the contemporary fit in 15.5 is the closest, but the sleeves maybe an inch longer from what I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by mirkearn View Post
              Looking at getting some shirts, but I can't seem to find a sleeve size that matches. I currently wear CT Extra Slim Fit 16/34. Do you have something that would fit the same? Looking at the size chart, it looks like the contemporary fit in 15.5 is the closest, but the sleeves maybe an inch longer from what I can see.
              It costs extra (not much) but in the comments of your order you can request the sleeves to be shortened to your desired length.

This kind of goes parallel to what I was going to ask [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]. I've worn your 14.5" slim shirts for a while and love them as they are the closest I have ever gotten to a perfect OTR fit. I've put on some bulk in my chest & shoulders now and my current shirts are getting a little snug. I think moving up to the 15" would work great for me in the upper body but I would most likely need shortened sleeves and darts done. I'm pretty indecisive at times and not sure if I should go that route with the extra tailoring or simply make the jump to MTM.

What do you see most often in other customers who don't quite match the size charts doing and what would you recommend for someone like me?

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                It costs extra (not much) but in the comments of your order you can request the sleeves to be shortened to your desired length.

This kind of goes parallel to what I was going to ask [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]. I've worn your 14.5" slim shirts for a while and love them as they are the closest I have ever gotten to a perfect OTR fit. I've put on some bulk in my chest & shoulders now and my current shirts are getting a little snug. I think moving up to the 15" would work great for me in the upper body but I would most likely need shortened sleeves and darts done. I'm pretty indecisive at times and not sure if I should go that route with the extra tailoring or simply make the jump to MTM.

What do you see most often in other customers who don't quite match the size charts doing and what would you recommend for someone like me?
                S&M are coming out with shirts with neck and sleeve lengths shortly.

Comment

Good to know, I will probably just wait then.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] wait what? I know about the upcoming sleeve length options under production but you're saying there will be neck size as well? If so I'll just have to wait for those and then add darts if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                      [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] wait what? I know about the upcoming sleeve length options under production but you're saying there will be neck size as well? If so I'll just have to wait for those and then add darts if needed.
                      Well you get the neck measurement now, they will just add sleeve lengths as well...likely something like 33/34/35 which are pretty standard on bigger brands, they are just growing.

Comment

Yeah I must have misunderstood what you meant. Ideally I would want the shoulder and chest measurements of the 15 slim with all the other measurements of the 14.5” slim.

Comment

Rick posted these: Donegal, Gun Club, VBC houndstooth flannel

Comment

Have a couple pairs of pants and a few ties from S&M, but I gotta say my first shirt has left me quite unimpressed.

Had a store credit and didn't really need anything so I figured I'd just put another white dress shirt in my closet.

Threw it in the wash, gentle cycle, and then a quick ~5min low heat dry as I do with all dress shirts to try and minimize wrinkles before ironing... resulted in some shrinkage. Not a lot, but noticeable. While ironing, found it to be the most stubborn shirt I own. No matter how hard I tried to be gentle with it, any area that was already ironed became quickly wrinkled again as soon as I moved to a new area. Upon wearing it, wrinkles everywhere. I would never feel comfortable wearing this shirt without keeping a jacket on the whole time.

The whole thing just feels cheap, thin, and crunchy. I've tried washing it a few times now with hopes that it will break in and soften up, but so far it doesn't seem to be changing much.

Comment

Spier and Mackay

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                              Rick posted these: Donegal, Gun Club, VBC houndstooth flannel

Any word on when these would be available for purchase? I literally have been on the search for the perfect guncheck blazer for like 3 years now and was trying to convince my wife to let me get one by Sid Mashburn or Drakes, but this looks just perfect.

Would looooooove to have this for our trip to France.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Useknifeonly; November 6, 2017, 05:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Goalieman24 View Post
                                Have a couple pairs of pants and a few ties from S&M, but I gotta say my first shirt has left me quite unimpressed.

Had a store credit and didn't really need anything so I figured I'd just put another white dress shirt in my closet.

Threw it in the wash, gentle cycle, and then a quick ~5min low heat dry as I do with all dress shirts to try and minimize wrinkles before ironing... resulted in some shrinkage. Not a lot, but noticeable. While ironing, found it to be the most stubborn shirt I own. No matter how hard I tried to be gentle with it, any area that was already ironed became quickly wrinkled again as soon as I moved to a new area. Upon wearing it, wrinkles everywhere. I would never feel comfortable wearing this shirt without keeping a jacket on the whole time.

The whole thing just feels cheap, thin, and crunchy. I've tried washing it a few times now with hopes that it will break in and soften up, but so far it doesn't seem to be changing much.
                                What fabric did you buy? Certain fabrics wrinkle quicker than others. Poplin and Oxford Cloth generally wrinkle quite a bit but the Royal Oxford I am wearing currently only shows wrinkles around my elbows while the body is wrinkle free. As for shrinkage, there should be roughly 5% shrinkage give or take from what Rick has mentioned elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X