Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Gents, PANTS15 will get you 15% off pants through Monday. Unadvertised other than word of mouth.
    Just gave me the excuse I've been looking for to try out their new moleskin pants.

Comment

Just got an email with a 2 suits for $750 deal. This isn't any better than the usual bundle deal for the regular stock of suits, but does make a decent discount on their more premium Guabello suits. Runs through next Monday.

Comment

New sport coats are on the site. I am waiting for a couple reviews as completely unstructured may be a deal breaker for me. https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...portcoats.html

Comment

The slubs are too rich for my blood which I was expecting (Rick briefly touched on pricing a while back on SF) but I'm glad to see some new stock for the hopsacks. Sadly I'm going to have to hold off on any purchases for a while, hopefully I can pick up one or two of them on sale later.

Comment

Any idea on the lapel width for the new hopsacks?

Comment

Not many new jackets being produced in 36R contemporary. That would be a big blow to me if they stop or reduce offerings in my size...
              Ben

Comment

Same with 42L contemporary

Comment

Spier and Mackay

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  Not many new jackets being produced in 36R contemporary. That would be a big blow to me if they stop or reduce offerings in my size...
                  Rick actually addressed this over on SF. There were a couple of sizes that surprisingly underperformed in sales which for a small company like S&M wasn't great. They discontinued a couple of sizes because of it but there has been a lot of feedback requesting those sizes to come back, especially 36 contemporary, and I think Rick has mentioned that he is trying to work out a way to do so.

The 36s contemporary fits me pretty well too, FWIW it has been mentioned that a 38 slim wears very similar to a 36 contemporary. I've been meaning to give that a try but due to limited offerings (until recently), and now not having the budget, I just haven't been able to test that.

Comment

38 slim would probably be a stretch for me as I have narrow shoulders relative to my torso size and the shoulders on the 36 contemporary are already borderline big. Sigh.
                    Ben

Comment

Waiting for these to be available in store. I love the bright blue hopsack jacket that I own from S&M. It's very light, comfortable and beautiful. Received several compliments especially when I wear that with my sand chinos.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
                        And 46L contemporary. I'm worried they won't restock basics like the navy hopsack in the future in that size.

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
                          Just got an email with a 2 suits for $750 deal. This isn't any better than the usual bundle deal for the regular stock of suits, but does make a decent discount on their more premium Guabello suits. Runs through next Monday.
                          It's 2 suits from $750, knocking an additional $23/suit on a bundle. essentially save $73 CAD/suit. Brings the regular line to under $300 USD and the Guabello to about $375 USD each.

Any idea on the lapel width for the new hopsacks?
                          3.5" on the 40. Scale up/down 1/8" on each size from there.

42L contemporary should be cut in everything.

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          38 slim would probably be a stretch for me as I have narrow shoulders relative to my torso size and the shoulders on the 36 contemporary are already borderline big. Sigh.
                          Shoulder is identical on the two fits. The slim just narrows the chest slightly and the waist by approx. 2". That said, unstructured jackets fit much more generously because the lack of canvas.

Comment

And 46L contemporary. I'm worried they won't restock basics like the navy hopsack in the future in that size.
                            Spring is looking like we'll be bringing back 38 Contemporary Shorts as well as a few other sizes. 46L is in discussion if we can make the cut happen. We have to balance the fabric purchase with the minimum/size production run. They don't necessary add up smoothly, as the mills sell the fabric in finite rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                              Spring is looking like we'll be bringing back 38 Contemporary Shorts as well as a few other sizes. 46L is in discussion if we can make the cut happen. We have to balance the fabric purchase with the minimum/size production run. They don't necessary add up smoothly, as the mills sell the fabric in finite rolls.
                              Thanks for the swift replies. Are suits still regularly going to be available in 46L, or are those TBD as well?

Comment

Thanks for the swift replies. Are suits still regularly going to be available in 46L, or are those TBD as well?
                                Those are TBD, but if we run it in the sportcoats, we'll run it in the suits as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X