X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Just wanted to give an update and thanks in regards to the shrinkage/washing recommendations you gave. Washed them cold and didi short warm dry cycle. They shrunk in length by about 1.25” and are now perfect! Thanks!

Really digging the cutaway collars too. I’ve seen mention of long sleeve versions for the fall. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for those.
    Excellent. We designed them with the intent that people would just wash/dry in warm and a dryer. So post wash they will be the correct, intended size.

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]

2 quick questions:

1: What is your coolest wearing sportcoat? Fresco, wool hopsack, or wool/linen? I live in Houston and the heat can be unbearable.

2: I am 5’8”, a 40s contemporary fit in your sportcoat and 16” 33 in your dress shirts. What size polo would you recommend? I was going to order medium, but I don’t want them skin tight. Would you suggest a large?

Thanks!!
    Coolest wearing would be fresco. It's the most open weave and air can blow right through it and any perspiration doesn't get trapped.

For the polo, I would suggest a large if you are use to a more roomy fit. Then you can shrink it down with a wash/dry cycle to get a good fit. We actually designed them to shrink to size as we know most folks just chuck them in warm water and a dryer like they would a t-shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Rawfull
    replied
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Just wanted to give an update and thanks in regards to the shrinkage/washing recommendations you gave. Washed them cold and didi short warm dry cycle. They shrunk in length by about 1.25” and are now perfect! Thanks!

Really digging the cutaway collars too. I’ve seen mention of long sleeve versions for the fall. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for those.

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]

2 quick questions:

1: What is your coolest wearing sportcoat? Fresco, wool hopsack, or wool/linen? I live in Houston and the heat can be unbearable.

2: I am 5’8”, a 40s contemporary fit in your sportcoat and 16” 33 in your dress shirts. What size polo would you recommend? I was going to order medium, but I don’t want them skin tight. Would you suggest a large?

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• Rawfull
    replied
    [MENTION=9190]Pepetito[/MENTION] I'm a slim 135lbs but have a somewhat pronounced chest and went with Small. If it helps I wear a 36s contemporary only because there isn't enough room in the chest on the slims for me.

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
    What size did you order? I'm 5'7 and ordered smalls. they should be arriving soon.
    I'm 5'7" 170 (yes chubby) and wear a medium.

Leave a comment:

• Pepetito
    replied
    Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I also have some shrinkage questions as my polos arrived yesterday as well. I believe you mentioned somewhere on SF that these new ones won't really shrink much at all, is that correct? I only ask because I'm 5'7" and it can be difficult for me to find polos that are long enough that I can wear them untucked or tucked. The new polos fit me great except in length where I wouldn't mind a little bit of shrinkage to get them into that sweet spot for me.

That being said, these things are great! I might be picking up one or two more down the road.
    What size did you order? I'm 5'7 and ordered smalls. they should be arriving soon.

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by AC View Post
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] How slim/fitted are the polo's?
    I would consider them a slim fit. If you are looking for more of a traditional fit, size up one.

Leave a comment:

• njflex
    replied
    Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Thanks. We have some restock on the way. Any particular colour/size?
    Great! Looking for 16/34 in white, light blue, and pink university stripe. Also, if you ever produced a solid pink in the future, I would purchase one or two.

Leave a comment:

• AC
    replied
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] How slim/fitted are the polo's?

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by njflex View Post
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Congrats on the OCBDs. Picked up three in the Cont fit and they are perfect. Love the collar and fabric. Will there be a restock this spring? Would like some more but my size is all sold out.
    Thanks. We have some restock on the way. Any particular colour/size?

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by BillN View Post
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I received two polos today and they’re nice.

But, do you have any sense of how much I could expect them to shrink? They would be washed cold, hung to dry in my normal use. I don’t have much (read any) room for shrinkage with the fit, but I think a size up would be too billowy.

Thanks.
    Normal Polos will shrink about 8%. These are treated with a technique called loop drying that limits the shrinkage. In a cold water wash and dryer, these will be about 5%. So for Example, the Medium has a back length of 27.5 inches from BoC. After washing/drying in a dryer will shrink 1 3/8" and settle about 26 1/8" a good, untucked length.

If you cold wash and hang to dry it will be less. Around 3%.

Leave a comment:

• Rawfull
    replied
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I also have some shrinkage questions as my polos arrived yesterday as well. I believe you mentioned somewhere on SF that these new ones won't really shrink much at all, is that correct? I only ask because I'm 5'7" and it can be difficult for me to find polos that are long enough that I can wear them untucked or tucked. The new polos fit me great except in length where I wouldn't mind a little bit of shrinkage to get them into that sweet spot for me.

That being said, these things are great! I might be picking up one or two more down the road.

Leave a comment:

• njflex
    replied
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Congrats on the OCBDs. Picked up three in the Cont fit and they are perfect. Love the collar and fabric. Will there be a restock this spring? Would like some more but my size is all sold out.

Leave a comment:

• BillN
    replied
    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I received two polos today and they’re nice.

But, do you have any sense of how much I could expect them to shrink? They would be washed cold, hung to dry in my normal use. I don’t have much (read any) room for shrinkage with the fit, but I think a size up would be too billowy.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X