Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sideswipe View Post
    Rick or anyone that's ordered the Guabello trousers, do they fit the same as the standard trousers, or would I want to size up/size down?
    Same fit, same pattern block. All we did is switch up the fabrics. The Guabello fabrics are incredible. Very smooth and comfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
      Same fit, same pattern block. All we did is switch up the fabrics. The Guabello fabrics are incredible. Very smooth and comfortable.
      Thanks Rick! Just ordered the light gray, can't wait to see them.
      “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
      "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

• [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] Good Morning - when will more sizes in the hopsack blazers be replenished? (Assuming they will even be replenished.) Need a 40R, Contemporary. Thanks!
        Last edited by sdjackofclubs; July 24, 2017, 11:51 AM.
        instagram.com/cutandbasted
        cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Comment

• [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] will there be more chambray shirts and OCBDs coming in the near future?

Comment

• Any thought to maybe a tobacco brown suit? I'd love one in linen or cotton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
              Any thought to maybe a tobacco brown suit? I'd love one in linen or cotton.
              They have this one in a wool / linen blend. It looks awesome but I would have limited use for it now since I may be getting moved from my current position.

https://www.spierandmackay.com/produ...ntemporary_fit

Comment

• I might have the wrong impression of tobacco. I was thinking about a lighter brown, maybe slightly darker than caramel...

Comment

• Anyone know if the SALEON code is still good? Thanks, Joe

Comment

• Hey Rick,

Having some challenges w/ the Mississauga store. Have raised the issue in person and via email. No response. Was suggested to me by another customer that this forum was an effective route to bring issues forward. Copy of original note to staff below.
                    Order #: 26116

DM me if you'd like, and thank you in advance.
                    - Brendan

--

Dear Customer Service,

I would like to discuss the custom shirt order referenced below.

I ordered a set of three shirts in store w/ Mikey on Fri 09 June 2017. Experience was great, Mikey is great to work with. Three shirts, we selected two fabrics, one white and one black, both in fine twill. Mikey confirmed the order w/ me including my various customization options. After leaving the store I checked my email and noticed three white shirts were entered on the order, in two lines. No black shirt.

I replied to the email - and also to the [email protected] address - inquiring about this. No response was received.

On Fri 07 July 2017 I picked up the test shirt in store. The fit was a little off and I understand this is to be expected. Mikey made the adjustments and indicated the three correct shirts would arrive in four weeks. No problems.

Last week (27 July 2017) I received a call indicating the shirts were in. We're about a one hour drive to the store in Mississauga and so I confirmed that all three were in. This was confirmed.

When we arrived we were told there was only one white shirt as well as the black shirt. They were initially not sure where the second white shirt was and then found out it was one week away from arriving. The black shirt was the wrong fabric, instead a striped grey and white pattern, inappropriate for work settings. We were told that the manufacturer does not in fact make shirts in the fabric (both swatch and shirt) that Mikey showed me. We were further told that this should have been caught by the system. This is likely the error I pointed out by email but was never acknowledged. Choose to just get another white shirt instead.

At two hours round trip, we would be at 10 hours of travel time for these shirts. Indicated this in store and was told that the two coming shirts would be shipped for free, in a month when the second white shirt arrives. I have major travel coming up and was planning - back in early June - to use these new shirts. I will now have to buy a couple off the rack from somewhere here in town. Given the avoid-ability of this issue I do not find this remedy sufficient.

I am new to you guys and have liked the experience up to this point. Mikey was great to work w/ but other than that I don't think I could justify purchasing from Spier & Mackay again or recommending you to colleagues at work as I have previously done w/ other companies such as Suit Supply.

I am wondering what remedy if any you are able to offer me at this time.

Thanks

Comment

• Anybody else having trouble accessing the S&M website today? It doesn't seem to load on my phone or pc, is it just me?

Comment

• [MENTION=16855]BMSheehan[/MENTION] respectfully they offered a solution (free shipping) and it didn't meet your needs. I think you should request what you think would be suitable. If not, how would the vendor know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          Anybody else having trouble accessing the S&M website today? It doesn't seem to load on my phone or pc, is it just me?
                          See Rick's comment in the thread at Style Forum.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/s...83376/page-554

Comment

• Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                            See Rick's comment in the thread at Style Forum.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/s...83376/page-554
                            Thanks! I should have thought to check SF first! Fell down the rabbit hole and looked at some of the upcoming offerings... those tweeds are going to burn a crater in my wallet... pre-orders go up right around my birthday.

Comment

• S&M is running an awesome sale right now - check it out!

Comment

• Bright Blue Hopsack Sportscoat bought thanks to sale. First time buying anything but shirts for S&M, hopefully they work for them because their suiting looks like a good option.

Comment

Working...
                                X