Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BestCoast View Post
    Received my order. The copper linen jacket fits great, really nice fabric too. Unfortunately the trousers are a little too tight in the waist to be let out enough, something I tend to have a tough time historically with drop six suit sizing. Just PM'd [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] to see if I can swap them out.

I ordered the midnight navy hopsack sportcoat a few months ago and it's quickly turned into my favorite jacket. I'd highly recommend it!
    Pics??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd love to see the copper linen in the wild as well. Does it have much sheen? Tough to tell from the pics online.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
        I'd love to see the copper linen in the wild as well. Does it have much sheen? Tough to tell from the pics online.
        Here's a couple of shots of the jacket (straight out of the shipping box). The silk content gives it some sheen in direct light, which you can see on the second pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just put all remaining sportcoats on sale through Sunday. 15% off with code SPORTCOAT15

https://www.spierandmackay.com/sportcoats

Includes all remaining hopsacks and bundle deals on regular priced items.

Have at it, Enjoy.

Rick

Comment

Any thoughts on the blue and olive sport coat? I'm concerned about versatility with a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
              Hi Guys,

Just put all remaining sportcoats on sale through Sunday. 15% off with code SPORTCOAT15

Have at it, Enjoy.

Rick
              You sure know how to knock a guy off the fence...

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                Hi Guys,

Have at it, Enjoy.

Rick
                Any shots of the Blue Watch and Blue & Olive Check in natural light? Might push some of us over the edge.

Comment

Happy Independence Day to all our American Friends!

Comment

Has anyone picked up the indigo sharkskin suit and would be willing to share some pictures? I'm looking for a blue suit but not navy. I feel like the Spier & Mackay product shots make their blues look brighter than they really are.

Comment

On the long shot that anyone on here picked up the last Blue Big Check 3-piece suit in 40R Contemporary, and you decide it's not for you, please let me know. I will gladly take it.

I had it in my cart 3-days ago, but I had added so much to my cart that I decided to hold off on my order and sleep on what I really wanted. When I saw the USA241 coupon last night, I went to order, and it was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Has anyone picked up the indigo sharkskin suit and would be willing to share some pictures? I'm looking for a blue suit but not navy. I feel like the Spier & Mackay product shots make their blues look brighter than they really are.
                        No...but I have a couple of data points that may help.

I have the Navy pinstripe suit (https://www.spierandmackay.com/produ...t___final_sale). It's darn near black. The online picture is pretty accurate to real life, IMO. Which to me is fine for a navy pinstripe suit. This appears darker than the indigo sharkskin, just comparing online.

I also own the bright blue herringbone sportcoat (https://www.spierandmackay.com/produ...t___final_sale). This is considerably brighter than the navy pinstripe, and again I would say pretty accurate with the online picture. This is truly a bright blue in real life, and appears online to be much brighter than the indigo one you are looking at.

Based on comparison of online pictures, and with the fact that in my experience the real life color has been very close to what is in the online pictures, I would guess that indigo suit will look like what I consider a typical navy. You'll easily be able to tell it's not black (unlike my pinstripe suit), but I think will clearly fall into the "navy" family of blue.

Just my two cents and best guess.

Comment

For those who missed the deal, it's been extended until tomorrow night at Midnight. Use code: IMISSEDIT to save an additional 24.1% on all sale merch.

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]

Hi Rick - I received the wrong size suit with my order. I sent an email yesterday and haven't received a response. I've placed four orders with S&M and three of them have had issues. I am extremely frustrated and losing faith in your company. Can you please have someone respond to me regarding order 27292? For reference, you can review the history of order 26525 to see why this latest mistake is so troublesome. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Geo,

This is more than frustrating to hear. Let me look into this and get back to you.

Rick

Comment

Rick or anyone that's ordered the Guabello trousers, do they fit the same as the standard trousers, or would I want to size up/size down?
                                “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
                                "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Working...
                                X