Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWong37 View Post
    It's order #25158. It took a while to get an initial answer and it's been a day so far of me waiting for a follow up.
    I've asked Renu to forward me the details and I'll follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
      It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission
      Hahaha agreed.

Yeah I'm drooling over these things, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. It is a bit louder of a suit what with the Peaks and the Check.

Comment

Hi Gentlemen,

We're running two promotions from now to Sunday.

1. 20% off all Dress Trousers, includes bundle pricing. Drops regular pants to $78.50 CAD or Approx. $58 USD. Unreal pricing TBH.

2. 4 Shirts from $40 each (approx. $29 USD). Add a 4th shirt to your order to save more.

Enjoy!

Comment

Sounds like a great deal Rick! Any ETA on the new button down polos for this year?

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] (and anyone else who feels like weighing in), quick question on your trousers: is it possible/advisable to widen the legs by 1/4" or so from the knee down? And if so, could your tailors do so prior to shipping? Or is this something best accomplished via MTO/MTM?

I wear a 34 contemporary, which fits well overall, but a little more room in the lower leg would be ideal, with a hem opening around 8.25" or so. Based on the one pair of SM trousers I have, it seems like the fabric is there to enable them to be let out slightly, but my tailor didn't seem to want to pursue it when I brought it up.
            “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
            "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sideswipe View Post
              [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] (and anyone else who feels like weighing in), quick question on your trousers: is it possible/advisable to widen the legs by 1/4" or so from the knee down? And if so, could your tailors do so prior to shipping? Or is this something best accomplished via MTO/MTM?

I wear a 34 contemporary, which fits well overall, but a little more room in the lower leg would be ideal, with a hem opening around 8.25" or so. Based on the one pair of SM trousers I have, it seems like the fabric is there to enable them to be let out slightly, but my tailor didn't seem to want to pursue it when I brought it up.
              There is a 1/4" on each side of the seam. So it is possible. We've done it for other customers. You can open the seam right up to to the surge stitch.

We can do it before shipping, but once the trouser is altered, it cannot be returned unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                There is a 1/4" on each side of the seam. So it is possible. We've done it for other customers. You can open the seam right up to to the surge stitch.

We can do it before shipping, but once the trouser is altered, it cannot be returned unfortunately.
                Fair enough - thanks for the quick response!
                “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
                "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
                  Sounds like a great deal Rick! Any ETA on the new button down polos for this year?
                  I've been wondering about the polos as well, any new colours this year?

Comment

Sorry to break the bad news, but the polos are cancelled for this year. They didn't pass the final quality control inspection. There were some issues with both shrinkage and the collars. We were really excited about them too.

Comment

No worries, thanks for the heads up Rick.

Comment

Hey Rick is it possible to get pants pre-hemmed when making an order?

Comment

Took advantage of the sale and picked up the copper linen suit and a pair of mid gray slacks. Was a tough call passing up on one of the new Neapolitan suits, but had to keep my budget intact (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                            Sorry to break the bad news, but the polos are cancelled for this year. They didn't pass the final quality control inspection. There were some issues with both shrinkage and the collars. We were really excited about them too.
                            Sorry to hear about this. I was looking forward to seeing the new polos, but I like the fact that you guys are willing to take a risk on something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BestCoast View Post
                              Took advantage of the sale and picked up the copper linen suit and a pair of mid gray slacks. Was a tough call passing up on one of the new Neapolitan suits, but had to keep my budget intact (for now).
                              Take pics when you get them in! I'm sitting over here waiting for a sale on Sportcoats, because I like the Bundle price on the hopsack blazer, but they only have blue jackets available in my size, so I don't want to buy multiple jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                                Take pics when you get them in! I'm sitting over here waiting for a sale on Sportcoats, because I like the Bundle price on the hopsack blazer, but they only have blue jackets available in my size, so I don't want to buy multiple jackets.
                                Received my order. The copper linen jacket fits great, really nice fabric too. Unfortunately the trousers are a little too tight in the waist to be let out enough, something I tend to have a tough time historically with drop six suit sizing. Just PM'd [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] to see if I can swap them out.

I ordered the midnight navy hopsack sportcoat a few months ago and it's quickly turned into my favorite jacket. I'd highly recommend it!

Comment

Working...
                                X