Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spier and Mackay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spier and Mackay

    That's the one [MENTION=13548]srlclark[/MENTION] mine is the contemporary fit though.

    And yes for those asking it definitely is a shade darker than it appears online.

    *EDIT* figured I should clarify and put this here. Non optimal lighting in the room does make it look slightly darker. It is still darker than the pictures shown online in my opinion.
    Last edited by Rawfull; May 11th, 2017, 07:46 PM.

    Comment


    • [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION]

      Very nice!!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
        It is still darker than the pictures shown online in my opinion.
        That was the case with the grey herringbone & light brown linen jacket I bought from them. The website makes them look a bit lighter than in-person. I wonder if my new suits have arrived yet! I'll need to check my apartment office.

        Comment


        • Key question: does S&M run discount codes with any regularity, slash does anybody know whether their summer weight trousers go on sale on a schedule? I just landed a gig in a much warmer part of the country and I need to stock up on linen blends.

          Comment


          • They usually run a black Friday one. That's the only "regular" one they have. They do the bundle pricing year-round though. They just had a 10% off sale a couple weeks ago.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pmestrad View Post
              Would you say that the color in your picture is accurate or is the website photo more accurate?
              It's definitely not that dark. It's more like this:

              Comment


              • Gentlemen,

                We're rolling out two new suits styles and started taking Pre-Orders for approx. June 5th shipping date.

                The first is a Neapolitan inspired style. 3 Roll 2 buttoning, Wide 4" lapels with a a very slight negative belly detail, natural/unpadded shoulders and of course rounder more open quarters.

                Check them out HERE

                The second is a new peak lapel that has a wide peak, 4" bellied and a ticket pocket. Very aggressive and bold look.

                Check the peak lapels HERE

                Let us know what you think!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                  Gentlemen,

                  The first is a Neapolitan inspired style. 3 Roll 2 buttoning, Wide 4" lapels with a a very slight negative belly detail, natural/unpadded shoulders and of course rounder more open quarters.

                  Let us know what you think!
                  This broke guy (me!) can't afford suiting in general, but those look fantastic! Especially the blue pinhead and grey houndstooth. Peak lapel + ticket pocket isnt really my preference so no comment there.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                    ...a very slight negative belly detail...
                    Pardon my ignorance but what does this mean?
                    Ben

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      Pardon my ignorance but what does this mean?
                      The lapel has a slight concave curve to it. Most lapels are cut straight. This gives the apprarance of a stronger shoulder and a narrower waist.

                      Comment


                      • Hmm I like some of the new suits. Currently not in the market for a new suit but being a small fella I'm a bit concerned 4" lapels might be a touch too big for me.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          Hmm I like some of the new suits. Currently not in the market for a new suit but being a small fella I'm a bit concerned 4" lapels might be a touch too big for me.
                          The lapels are graded to the size. They are 4" on a 40. Smaller on smaller sizes. They are adjusted proportionally. Mind you, they are only 1/2" larger than our current suits.

                          Comment


                          • I like the new pre-orders. Really have my eye on the brown birdseye. However I noticed that the sizing on most is pretty limited, topping out at 44. Unfortunately my stocky frame requires a 46 (S/M's 46 suits fits like they were made for me). I hope this doesn't represent a new policy of deleting the larger sizes.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Robdn View Post
                              I like the new pre-orders. Really have my eye on the brown birdseye. However I noticed that the sizing on most is pretty limited, topping out at 44. Unfortunately my stocky frame requires a 46 (S/M's 46 suits fits like they were made for me). I hope this doesn't represent a new policy of deleting the larger sizes.
                              These new suits are a test run for these styles. They were made using stock fabrics we had from previous suit runs. As we had very limited cloth we could only run them in limited sizes.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                                These new suits are a test run for these styles. They were made using stock fabrics we had from previous suit runs. As we had very limited cloth we could only run them in limited sizes.
                                Thanks for the info! I really love your suits, so I'm relieved to hear this is more of a "one off."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X