Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ties by Ambition Menswear - Just launched, feedback welcome!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Nice website. I will echo a few comments by others. It is all going to depend on the quality. I can't tell from the pictures if you are on par with a cheaper tie (TieBar) or higher end ties. You mention on the site where they are made but have to get in to the detail of how they are made to show the quality.

    On your grenadine ties, I think the material is called Grenadine Garza. I've never seen it as "Grazza" like you have it on the site

    Also, you have to offer a brown grenadine...Come on, that's a staple!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by sobecane View Post
      Nice website. I will echo a few comments by others. It is all going to depend on the quality. I can't tell from the pictures if you are on par with a cheaper tie (TieBar) or higher end ties. You mention on the site where they are made but have to get in to the detail of how they are made to show the quality.

      On your grenadine ties, I think the material is called Grenadine Garza. I've never seen it as "Grazza" like you have it on the site

      Also, you have to offer a brown grenadine...Come on, that's a staple!
      Wow, good catch. Looks like an accidental portmanteau of "garza," referring to the ties' gauze-like nature, and "grossa," the thicker, more robust texture (as opposed to "fina," where the weave is finer).

      While it was definitely a tough decision, to start we've opted to offer the Grossa variety as the knotting will generally be a bit larger and more potent, perfect for the workplace / business environment. The "fina" variety will be coming soon though, for those interested. (Sorry for nerding out there.)

      And true, no brown Grenadine (yet!), but I'll PM you a discount code in case you saw any others you liked! Thanks for the feedback.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bringambition View Post
        Thank you for the feedback! Anything specifically you'd look for in terms of differentiation? Was thinking of sharing info about our Italian partners and manufacturing process over social media bit by bit, but do you think we'd be better off sharing it right on the site?

        Also, PMed you.
        Yeah I think sharing info about your partners and manufacturing process would be great. With you being a new company I would think this type of information would make potential customers more confident in the level of quality they would get from your products.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Me27 View Post
          Yeah I think sharing info about your partners and manufacturing process would be great. With you being a new company I would think this type of information would make potential customers more confident in the level of quality they would get from your products.
          I'm curious as to what you use for interlining as well.

          Comment


          • #20
            I had a chance to check your website out last night. I share some of the comments of previous posters but overall I liked what I saw (would also love to see a brown grenadine!). The pricing of your tie bars definitely seems low. There is no info as to materials used for them and that is something I would definitely like to know before purchasing online.

            The job interview promotion of yours seems like a great idea! All you have to do is talk about yourself for a discount? Very nice. Will help you develop a more personal relationship with new and old customers which can be lacking/nonexistent in the world of online retail.

            Comment


            • #21
              Just to echo what some others have said, more details about the manufacturing process and Italian partners would be great and could maybe help to differentiate you from other competitors.

              The person who mentioned the stark black and red on white is also right I think--it is a bit intense, color-scheme wise.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by mattsedlak View Post
                Agree with most of what has been said here already. Basically if we are looking at affordable ties the obvious comparison is to Tie Bar. One of the things I dislike about their site is the sheer amount of ties they have. It is like going to a restaurant that has a 10 page menu. It makes you question the quality so on the flipside having a limited number of choices does make it seem more exclusive / higher quality. Adding a few more choices in the future, like a knit tie or ties in materials other than silk may be a nice addition though.

                That said, all that really matters is the quality of the ties. At a price point 10$ higher than Tie Bar I would expect something better than what they offer. Your Grenadine ties are also $26 cheaper than what I can get from Kent Wang so while I would not expect the same quality I also don't want a poorly made tie (and I think Kent Wang prices are more than fair for the quality). Basically if your ties are closer to Kent Wang and further from Tie Bar quality then you could really have something here.

                Not sure if someone else mentioned this already but when you do quick view you don't get the ability to hover over and get a zoomed in view. You can get that by clicking on full details or by clicking on the product name itself from the beginning but I would like to be able to get that from the quick view as well.
                We'll definitely put some serious work into showing the lifecycle of our ties - we have a small stockpile of pictures and videos from our workshops in Como and Rome. I have no doubt our customers will be satisfied with the quality of our ties, seems like just a matter of putting any doubts to rest! PMing you now in case you wanted to give our Grenadines a shot.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                  I had a chance to check your website out last night. I share some of the comments of previous posters but overall I liked what I saw (would also love to see a brown grenadine!). The pricing of your tie bars definitely seems low. There is no info as to materials used for them and that is something I would definitely like to know before purchasing online.

                  The job interview promotion of yours seems like a great idea! All you have to do is talk about yourself for a discount? Very nice. Will help you develop a more personal relationship with new and old customers which can be lacking/nonexistent in the world of online retail.
                  Another with the Brown Grenadine! Personally, my favorite is the Wine color (esp with a charcoal suit), but to each his own.

                  But thank you, really glad to hear you like the Job Interview Promo. On a personal note, I'm very passionate about helping people with their job search and spend a good amount of time in this regard, and from a company standpoint I want Ambition to be the brand people can always trust when they have something important coming up. The process to get this discount is purposefully pretty simple - sure, there's a chance people will abuse it, but what can you do.

                  We're getting late into the graduate / entry-level recruiting season, and internship recruiting will be picking up soon, so if you know of anyone interviewing who's looking for a tie but short on funds be sure to point them in our direction. Also, sent you a PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Overall, I think you are off to a good start with your website. I would love to see a lavender grenadine. The midnight blue looks very appealing. Do you see yourself adding pocket squares to your inventory anytime soon?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by GWL3 View Post
                      Overall, I think you are off to a good start with your website. I would love to see a lavender grenadine. The midnight blue looks very appealing. Do you see yourself adding pocket squares to your inventory anytime soon?
                      Thanks, lavender is a great suggestion. Sounds like we have to get some brown and lavender grenadines on the next boat in. And pocket squares are definitely something we're looking into, any suggestions on patterns, fabrics, etc.? PMed you btw.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by andrew4h View Post
                        Just to echo what some others have said, more details about the manufacturing process and Italian partners would be great and could maybe help to differentiate you from other competitors.

                        The person who mentioned the stark black and red on white is also right I think--it is a bit intense, color-scheme wise.
                        We put this page together as a start, still needs some work but any thoughts? Thank you for the feedback.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bringambition View Post
                          We put this page together as a start, still needs some work but any thoughts? Thank you for the feedback.
                          Nice! Definitely adds to the site; particularly for a first go. I imagine in the future you can update with some higher res photos (and maybe about the fabric production/sourcing as well). Good stuff man!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            That production process page is simple but makes me much more interested in buying from your company.
                            Side note, the Como area is awesome. I've spent a good amount of time in Lecco.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by bringambition View Post
                              Thanks, lavender is a great suggestion. Sounds like we have to get some brown and lavender grenadines on the next boat in. And pocket squares are definitely something we're looking into, any suggestions on patterns, fabrics, etc.? PMed you btw.
                              Silk pocket squares in any basic solid color (burgandy, navy, hunter green, ect) are great. Also white cotton with a thin colored border.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ringwolf View Post
                                That production process page is simple but makes me much more interested in buying from your company.
                                Side note, the Como area is awesome. I've spent a good amount of time in Lecco.
                                Glad to hear that, we'll keep making improvements on the page but it's great to hear the positive feedback. And awesome, Lecco is only ~30 min away from one of our workshops! Sending through a PM now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X