Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Opened Up Shop -- Knot Tied Down -- Would Love Feedback!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Hey krad54 (sorry I missed you yesterday), evanparker, GWL3, Ttysonmcneely and Alex.C (thanks for info on the iPad mini),

    Thanks for your comments. I’m hearing you guys loud and clear. More variety in sizes, colors and patterns and more objective information. I’m PMing each of you with discount codes for your time and thoughts. Thank you also for your words of encouragement.

    Cheers!

    Ryan

    Comment


      #32
      I checked out the site and there were a couple of ties that caught my eye in both the bowties and neckties. The width of the neckties is good for me; most of my ties range from 2.75"-3". However, the 60" length of the neckties is too long for me. I'm short (5'3") and a 60" tie would leave a lot of extra tie to tuck into my pants. I would suggest eventually adding a line of ties at a short length (54"-56"), or even just making your main line ties a couple inches shorter. Even at the low price point, I would not be willing to buy a tie at that length. I would also like to see the width of the bowties, and I'd be interested in buying one. The Cambridge and the Monday Blues caught my eye in particular.

      Congrats on starting up your business and good luck.

      Comment


        #33
        Your prices are perfect but your current styles aren't the best but are good.

        For me I do like pocket squares but your patterns are a bit too loud.
        Going to base colors like White, Cream, Red, Gold is always a good place to start.

        If you're wanting more patterned I recommend just going for plain colored white
        pocket squares with a colored border like a brown, blue, red border would work
        perfect and I would gladly buy some if you had some.
        Examples:

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by TartanMan View Post
          I checked out the site and there were a couple of ties that caught my eye in both the bowties and neckties. The width of the neckties is good for me; most of my ties range from 2.75"-3". However, the 60" length of the neckties is too long for me. I'm short (5'3") and a 60" tie would leave a lot of extra tie to tuck into my pants. I would suggest eventually adding a line of ties at a short length (54"-56"), or even just making your main line ties a couple inches shorter. Even at the low price point, I would not be willing to buy a tie at that length. I would also like to see the width of the bowties, and I'd be interested in buying one. The Cambridge and the Monday Blues caught my eye in particular.

          Congrats on starting up your business and good luck.
          Hi TartanMan (love the name, btw),

          Thanks for the comments and words of encouragement. Length of ties is something we are looking into. We try to accommodate everyone, but of course being a small shop, we just don’t have the resources right now to do so. Keep following us though as we evolve and expand.

          Excellent choices on the bow ties. Both approximately measure:

          Height: 2.5” (tied); 2.75” (untied)
          Width (i.e. spread): 4.5”

          Anyway, hope that helps. I’m sending you a PM with a code in a moment.

          Cheers!

          Ryan

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Dandy Doyle View Post
            Your prices are perfect but your current styles aren't the best but are good.

            For me I do like pocket squares but your patterns are a bit too loud.
            Going to base colors like White, Cream, Red, Gold is always a good place to start.

            If you're wanting more patterned I recommend just going for plain colored white
            pocket squares with a colored border like a brown, blue, red border would work
            perfect and I would gladly buy some if you had some.
            Examples:
            Hey Dandy Doyle,

            Great advice on the base colors, and thanks a bunch for the visual. What types of materials to you prefer in pocket squares? You can PM me if you prefer.

            I’m going to PM you in a moment with a code, thanks again.

            Ryan

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Knot Tied Down View Post
              Hi TartanMan (love the name, btw),

              Thanks for the comments and words of encouragement. Length of ties is something we are looking into. We try to accommodate everyone, but of course being a small shop, we just don’t have the resources right now to do so. Keep following us though as we evolve and expand.

              Excellent choices on the bow ties. Both approximately measure:

              Height: 2.5” (tied); 2.75” (untied)
              Width (i.e. spread): 4.5”

              Anyway, hope that helps. I’m sending you a PM with a code in a moment.

              Cheers!

              Ryan
              Hey Ryan,

              I completely understand regarding the tie length. Being a new company I realize you can't accommodate everyone at the beginning, but I hope as you grow you'll consider adding a line of shorter ties.

              Thanks for the info on the bowties (and the discount code). I actually decided to purchase the Cambridge bowtie, since my collection of bowties is very small, so I'll be sure to add a review and some pics to this thread when it arrives.

              Frank

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Knot Tied Down View Post
                Hey Dandy Doyle,

                Great advice on the base colors, and thanks a bunch for the visual. What types of materials to you prefer in pocket squares? You can PM me if you prefer.

                I’m going to PM you in a moment with a code, thanks again.

                Ryan
                Ryan,

                silk is by far the best material for a pocket square.
                For me personally and many others - since the quality cannot be fully judged over the internet
                the main indicator of quality is material for judgement. Silk is the best material for pocket squares
                and even seeing the name of it would probably increase customer sales and allow for better made
                pocket squares.

                Comment

                Working...
                X