Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you want? Custom summer clothing

Hey guys,

Ray here from Suitable (www.suitablenyc.com).

A lot of times companies huddle in their corner and project what they think people want. We were talking today as a team and thought, why don't we ask you guys?

What would you like for custom summer clothing?
    • De-constructed cotton jackets?
    • Linen jackets?
    • Suit-kinis?

No pressure, just thought we would ask!

Personally, I prefer tropical weight wool or a linen-cotton blend to a linen jacket. With pure linen, the wrinkles are just too much. I also prefer a breathable, lightweight lining on a summer jacket compared to none; having the shell directly in contact with my shirt can lead to some unfortunate sweat transfers.

Chambray or linen shirts are also really just the best in hot weather.

Edit: Before I forget, Seersucker is also a godsend when it gets up over 85 degrees. An absolute godsend. A seersucker jacket lined in linen would be a no-brainer for a nice every-day sports jacket in the summer.
    Last edited by Aaron P.; January 27, 2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Never ventured into MTM clothing before, but I have a couple lusts on my list for summer. If the design was right I would totally bite.

navy or medium grey lightweight wool partially lined blazer. I'm thinking like a loose hopsack. Both patch pockets and a 3/2 lapel would be a plus.

A solid white or light blue linen shirt with a collar substantial enough to support a tie.

Comment

I agree with [MENTION=11987]Aaron P.[/MENTION], a linen/cotton combo is ideal to make a less wrinkly fabric. I do love anything in linen/cotton with breathable lining.

Comment

I've a linen-wool blend SS suit. Great summer material that breathes really well here in the summer. The wool really helps with the wrinkles.

Comment

A cotton suit (navy or khaki). Minimal lining in the jacket.
            Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

I like serious colored suits, i.e - navy, grey, etc, (with micro patterns, birdseye, houndstooth, etc,) in summer fabrics. Very hard to find.

Comment

Short sleeves blazer with some matching short in linen cotton.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                  I like serious colored suits, i.e - navy, grey, etc, (with micro patterns, birdseye, houndstooth, etc,) in summer fabrics. Very hard to find.
                  Amen.

Comment

Waistcoats, I know not exactly what people think of, when they think of summer. But it is something I want, and have difficulty finding, especially with options like double breasted with lapels.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                      Short sleeves blazer with some matching short in linen cotton.
                      Are we talking, like, literally a blazer with short sleeves? Like t-shirt status?

Comment

Have a Jcrew unlined cotton jacket...only heard negative things about it, so I'm hesitant to recommend cotton blazers etc. If you can replicate the cotton linen blend that Suit Supply does for their pants, huge points there, less wrinkles but feels amazing, the linen wrinkles have kept me away from trying a summer time fabric suit.

Also looking at your site your Midnight Navy tux has a peak lapel jacket and your details say Shawl.

Comment

Unlined tropical wool blazer or SC.
                          Navy seersucker blazer / suit.

Comment

MTM shorts would be awesome.

Comment

Something cool that doesn't wrinkle. I have a blue hopsack blazer that is a godsend when visiting customers somewhere warm. So a second vote on a hopsack, especially if it is wearable to work. Cut it long enough that it doesn't look like a matador lost his jacket. Colour can be more summery though - I like a lighter colour in warmer weather.

Cotton blazers sound good but in practice I don't find I wear them in the summer as they are too casual.

Comment

Working...
                              X