Thread: Navy or Blue Vans Authentic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Navy or Blue Vans Authentic?

EDIT: Woops! Meant to put Navy or WHITE on the thread title ^

Fellas,

I am absolutely torn between the navy or white Vans authentic, and which one to get for the Spring/Summer and beyond...I plan on using them as is, and swapping in some leather laces, as well.

Which color would you guys spring for?

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Personally I'd go for navy but most classic menswear advice dispensers would point you towards white. White is too dressy for my taste, but I'm more casual than most here so take it for what it is.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Sneakers? Too dressy?

Personally, I like white, or better yet, off-white sneakers, especially for summer. To me, it's just a cleaner, simpler, lighter look, especially since most sneakers come with white outsoles and details, anyway.
    BenR

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah if you get white get the off-white. I'd do those over blue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Sneakers? Too dressy?

Personally, I like white, or better yet, off-white sneakers, especially for summer. To me, it's just a cleaner, simpler, lighter look, especially since most sneakers come with white outsoles and details, anyway.
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards the not-true-white ones as well....even though i just got a pair of ridiculously white Jack Purcell's...

By the way, BenR, I was looking through the hobbies thread....I play french horn as well. ....I'm a natural euphonium, though. haha

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I went blue, but only cause grey and white weren't in my size. I plan to add white to the collection too for pairing up with jeans and navy pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I already have the grey ("hiker" style), and they look so good, and are very versatile...I think the white is calling my name next, with the navy rounding it out sometime in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Coincidental that you mention all of those shoes. I picked up the grey authentics (with boot laces) during an Urban Outfitter's sale($20!!), since then, I've seem the JCrew version(with leather laces) and have been wanting to pick them up.
    Anyways, Urban Outfitters is running another sale, you can pick up the Authentics in off white or navy for $34 a piece(plus shipping, or both with free shipping). Just picked them up, waiting for them to ship.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have grey and love they're versatility, especially after switching out the standard laces with the $2 kiwi laces a la JCrew (but for $20 cheaper). White is perfect for summer but, being white, will have a shorter lifespan. Blue would also be great for summer and beyond and be fairly versatile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    How do the vans authentics fit size-wise? Do they fit pretty true to size?

@Mike W - I've also been eyeing those J. Crew versions of the Vans... I know I could fake them for a little cheaper, but they just look so good!