Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy dark blue jeans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Looking to buy dark blue jeans

Hi i am looking to buy dark blue jeans in slim straight or straight which brands should i try? Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    As a fairly skinny high school kid I really like my Levi's 511s. Good color, comfortable with a little stretch, been washing inside out for a few months and they still look very nice. Around $40 on sale. I believe dappered suggests the 501s which are slightly baggier but still good looking and clean.

http://www.zappos.com/product/755525...203737?zlfid=2

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    Since you haven't given much in the way of budget, style preference, material preference (including whether provenance matters), type of construction, or what brands you've already tried and liked/disliked, I'm going to go with Levi's. They have a wide range of fits and you can try most of them on at places like JCPenney. There are obviously many many more brands, several high end denim brands that specialize in Japanese/US-made jeans with all sorts of bells and whistles, but it's easier to point you in those directions once we know more about what you like/dislike.

Give the Levi's 501, 513/514, 505, and 508 a try. They're a variety of fits and you should be able to find one that you really like.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Levis, just picked up some dark GAP selvage that I like a lot. Worth checking out

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMimbo View Post
    Levis, just picked up some dark GAP selvage that I like a lot. Worth checking out
    +1. I really like my 514s, but I picked up the GAP selvedge in slim fit and they are about perfect. They say slim, but I've got 25" quads and decent calves and they fit trim without being what I'd call skinny. I've also got a pair of vintage slim straight from JCF and they fit the same as 514 in the thigh with a slight taper. I did go down from a 34 to a 33 in those though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    +1. I really like my 514s, but I picked up the GAP selvedge in slim fit and they are about perfect. They say slim, but I've got 25" quads and decent calves and they fit trim without being what I'd call skinny. I've also got a pair of vintage slim straight from JCF and they fit the same as 514 in the thigh with a slight taper. I did go down from a 34 to a 33 in those though.
    Those are the ones I wear. I have a pair of skinny in the mail as I heard they are only slightly slimmer, without being tight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Went to my local JCP store could not find the color i was looking for. Just ordered a 514 and 501 in rinse and inky blue from Zappos. Thanks for your suggestions. If it helps in live in the south and willing to spend aroud $50 for a pair of jeans. I do not want any wash on them and need to be as simple as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    @MarkB

I'm looking to get a pair of the GAP raw selvedge, actually, but because they change in size significantly after wear and since the local GAP is pretty (read: very) inconvenient to get to:

How do the slim fit compared to levi 511s or 514s?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    @hon140--Here are some visual comparisons.

GAP Slim Selvedge

The slims are just slimmer overall. They were pretty snug in the hip and thigh when I first got them, but have loosened up and I really like the way they fit now. The rise is also lower on the slims and they're button fly. Another thing to keep in mind is that the inseam listed online is with them cuffed. I wear a 30" inseam, so I probably would need a 28" to wear them without the cuff, but I got a crazy deal in store so I bought them. I actually don't mind the cuff. I'll try to update with physical measurements when I get home.

Banned
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    I think the best deal out there right now is probably Gustin. American made selvedge denim for $81! Sort of a weird crowdfunding business model, but I wish them luck!
    http://www.weargustin.com/store

One of the founders even posted here: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...in-selvedge-81