Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite color for polo shirt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What's your favorite color for polo shirt?

Like the title says. I'm looking for two colors to keep from the luxe-touch polo shirts I snagged from BR during the 50% off. I like navy, black, and the medium blue so far.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I believe i have read somewhere that a black polo is a staple. Personally i wear darker blue and heather grey more frequently, with an occasional brighter color like a sky blue or green .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have both a sky blue and navy blue polo from BR. I might use both with equal frequency, but I feel like I wear the lighter color more often (with jeans). Not sure if that's because of my wardrobe overall or my personality, but there it is, for what it's worth.

Edit: that would be the Light Blue Heather and Navy Star (http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=423451782) that I've got, and I like them both!
    Last edited by WhiskyTangoFoxtrot; April 12th, 2013 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Imho, white and navy blue polos (ideally without logos) are the essentials. After that, I'd go for gray and a fun color (I love red, personally). I understand the idea of a black polo, but consider that they're quintessentially summer wear. Black seems a little stern (and hot) for a pleasant sunny day.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    Since they're for warm weather, I go for lighter colors: white, light blue, light gray, pink, etc. I'm also a big fan of horizontal stripes for more casual outfits, especially in navy/white.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I picked up the navy blue and sky blue from BR suring the sale. I do like black but for polos are for summer and I thought it would be too hot. I did grab a white but brought it back.....don't trust my messy self!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    White, Navy, Light Blue, Heather Gray, and Black are summer staples for me. I love polo shirts. THE BR ones are nice, just watch out for them in the laundry. The drier in particular will render them useless.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    I always thought a navy or mid-blue polo looked the best, especially with lighter-colored summer trousers or shorts. Due to my ruddy complexion, I tend to stick with blues and greys for the most part.
    BenR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Littlenelly and others, anyone who owns luxe-polo shirts, how much do they shrink? the xs fits me pretty damn well and it'd be a shame if it shrinks too much.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Navy and White.