Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoe Tree

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Shoe Tree

Is there a major difference between full toe and combination shoe trees. I'm attempting to get 2 for my strands and 5th aves.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    The combinations usually cost more money. No idea on benefits of one over the other. Might be a google search away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My understanding is that the combination shoe trees are more versatile, but a properly made (and sized) full-toe tree is the most preferable (and pricey).

The most important purposes of shoe trees are to absorb moisture and stretch the front of the upper back into shape, so having a properly fitting shoe tree is important. Combination shoe trees are designed to expand to fill the toe area width-wise. Theoretically, this means that a given shoe tree will fit a greater selection of shoes. Full-toe trees are fixed in width and shape, so they can only fit a narrow selection of shoes. That being said, they can come in specific sizes or can even be bespoke to fit certain lasts.

TL;DR: If you're looking for the cheapest option that'll suffice, find decent combination shoe trees. You might only need two or three of these, because you only need to keep them in for a few hours after taking the shoes off. If your swimming pool of Benjamins is about to overflow, then get bespoke shoe trees for each of your kicks.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah I was looking at the ones from the AE website. 2 pairs for 39 bucks. The full toe and combination are both the same price. Was just confused which one would be most beneficial to the shoes I needed them for.

"You might only need two or three of these, because you only need to keep them in for a few hours after taking the shoes off."

You only need to keep them in for a few hrs and not the entire time you arent wearing them? Sorry might be a stupid question, havent really ever a shoe tree before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @Fooz: If you're looking for a cheap deal J.Banks usually has a 7.50 each sale every now and then.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    @Fooz: If you're looking for a cheap deal J.Banks usually has a 7.50 each sale every now and then.
    And, just for the record, I have both AE and JAB full toe shoe trees and they look like they could have been manufactured by the same company.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    That's where I get mine..

Banned
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    And, just for the record, I have both AE and JAB full toe shoe trees and they look like they could have been manufactured by the same company.
    They are. AE bought Woodlore which makes all of 'em:
    http://www.woodlore.com/

Cedarville has some good coupon codes on them:
    http://www.cedarvillestore.com/c-2-c...hoe-trees.aspx
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/227323/c...-codes/100_100

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    These same woodlore trees are sold all the time at Nordstrom rack for $12. They are the same as the regular Nordstrom and AE ones minus the little metal nameplate.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    If you like yours with knobs on the end, you can also get the cheapos and add a little this and a little that. But then you're also getting close to Woodlore Epic territory.