Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off the Rack Fitted Shirts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Off the Rack Fitted Shirts

Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on places for off the rack fitted shirts in Canada and the US. I have always had a preference for the Banana Republic ones and also the Stafford ones from JC Penny unfortunately when ever I go now their selection is lacking in the more common sizes and I think the quality has gone down significantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Brooks Brothers- have all sizes from traditional all the way to extra slim fit which is what I wear. Granted the shirts are not cheap but in the sale section you can get them cheaper and you can sign up for the corporate discount card which is 15% off any reg. priced merchandise.
    eBay id-> Mr.k215

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Time to go MTM. Online world has emerged a lot and you can find lots of MTM deals at OTR price going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevbo View Post
    Brooks Brothers- have all sizes from traditional all the way to extra slim fit which is what I wear. Granted the shirts are not cheap but in the sale section you can get them cheaper and you can sign up for the corporate discount card which is 15% off any reg. priced merchandise.
    I'll second BB. I managed to buy two of their sports shirts (more than good enough for business casual) for $28 each during a sale, a shirt sleeve button down for about the same at a BB Factory store over Memorial Day weekend, and a new w/o tags dress shirt off of eBay for the same amount. All extra slim. Their extra slim Large and 16-35's are probably the best OTR fit I've come by.
    Last edited by Xeones25; June 15th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevbo View Post
    A word of warning, though: If you have a thick neck like me, their extra slim fit may still be too billowy. I'm a 16.5" neck and 33" sleeve, but otherwise not particularly round in the middle. I just have a slightly thicker than average neck. When I get the extra slim fits in a size that fits my neck, they fit too big around the middle. however, when I get a medium extra slim in their oxfords (which aren't really meant to be buttoned all the way up), they fit great. Just something to keep in mind.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Yeah, a lot of people talk about how much more "precise" neck/sleeve sized shirts are than S/M/L. But that's only true if your neck size corresponds proportionally to the rest of your body. My actual neck size is 15" but I end up wearing 14.5/32 shirts to get the fit I need for my torso. That's true even on slim, extra-slim, trim, tailored, athletic, etc. fit shirts. I usually leave the top button undone. Fortunately a properly cinched tie will hide that.
    BenR

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Yeah, a lot of people talk about how much more "precise" neck/sleeve sized shirts are than S/M/L. But that's only true if your neck size corresponds proportionally to the rest of your body. My actual neck size is 15" but I end up wearing 14.5/32 shirts to get the fit I need for my torso. That's true even on slim, extra-slim, trim, tailored, athletic, etc. fit shirts. I usually leave the top button undone. Fortunately a properly cinched tie will hide that.
    Exactly. Collar extenders have been helpful at times as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    j crew, club monaco?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhat62 View Post
    j crew, club monaco?
    I personally find the slim fits from J. Crew and Club Monaco fit me best, especially their oxfords! Although, I have to have the sleeves shortened, I typically just roll up the cuffs on the casual shirts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Charles Tyrwhitt exra slim shirts are definitely worth a look. Can be had for $30-35 each during their sales, and some of my favorite shirts. Good quality considering the price point and they fit very well.