Thread: Thoughts on Bass Weejuns?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Thoughts on Bass Weejuns?

Specifically burgundy ones. I have a pair of light grey suede loafers that I wear all the time when it's warm out, but for whatever reason I've really been wanting a pair of burgundy loafers. They're goodyear welted so I can always resole them, they look great, and they're not as casual.

Of course, I wear my suede loafers as casual shoes in place of boat shoes of flip flops. Definitely couldn't do that with the weejuns. Wondering if anyone else has a pair of weejuns or bugundy loafers. How do you like them and what do you wear them with?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    No one has Bass loafers?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a pair of Bass Logan penny loafers, and they seem like the of good quality, and have held up very well for about a year so far. They crease nicely, and the color has held up. From what I've seen with their burgundy loafers, they have too much of a corrected grain "shiny" finish, and do not crease very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwsta4 View Post
    No one has Bass loafers?!
    Wear them with everything all the time. They're a staple and look good with anything dressier than a t shirt. I have a pair of burgundy AE loafers that I'll wear most often with jeans and an OCBD, but I bet they would look just as good with a navy sack suit. I had an old pair of kilted, tassled loafers that I wore everywhere until they fell apart. They were so comfortable I didn't care if they were grandpa shoes.

I'll second that modern burgundy weejuns look cheap, but my AEs dont have that plastic finish and the style is timeless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am looking at some Leverrett's. Anyone know sizing issues? I wear a 10.5 d in AE

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I have a discontinued model that I bought from the outlet. I believe it was called Wilton or Walton under the Bass Weejuns line. Very pleased to find that the leather is better quality than the shiny models they sell now. Color is a reddish-brown, but not burgundy. You can wear them with chinos, cords, and even jeans.