Thread: Suiting: Bar III versus Banana Republic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Suiting: Bar III versus Banana Republic

I had a couple of questions for you guys if anyone owns these suits?

Construction/durability wise would you prefer the bar III suits versus the banana republic tailored suits?

Also, does anyone have the bar III extra slim fit suits? I tried on the slim and it was pretty good in store but I did not like the colors and the extra slim looks a lot better. I am talking about the suit separate since the 7 inch drop on the suit is too much for me. Also is the $240 price on the bar III suits a good deal right now or do they go lower? I don't need the suits until the summer when I will start my job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I almost bought one of the Bar III's. I thought they looked pretty good and for the price it is a greater starter suit but eventually I went with the BR Tailored fits. I felt that the quality on the BR suits were higher quality and moved a lot better. I also feel that the BR suits are slim fit but still keeps very contemporary looking without the razor thin lapels. What industry are you entering?

If you can snag a F&F coupon, the BR suits will only set you back $260 after taxes and that is an amazing deal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am going into consulting so fairly conservative.

I was lucky enough to get the F&F Coupon but I am a size 36 so I cant get the suit jackets in store. I was thinking of just getting the pants now and waiting for a 40% off on the suit jackets online. I did notice that the fabric felt better on the BR's but wondering if it was worth the extra price