Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine boots on rare sale at Club Monaco FYI

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Wolverine boots on rare sale at Club Monaco FYI

In case you didn't catch Joe's Friday Handful, you can snag the Wolverine 1000 mile boot at 30% off with a code at Club Monaco. Although these boots didn't quite work for me, this is a a great deal and one I've never seen before when I spent about 5 months looking for one last year. Colors are brown and black with a lot of sizes left.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Worth clicking through their shoes, they sell Rancourt as well... I didn't confirm the code works, though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    if you are in NYC, today is the last day of a pretty good club monaco sample sale at clothingline on 36th street. i got 3 ties for $5 each, a blue cotton unstructured sport coat for $40 (originally $270), and a quilted blazer for $50 (originally $280). i wish i had bought more tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any tips on if the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots run large or small? A lot of the brown sizes are out.

The black actually doesn't look as bad with the stacked heel.
    My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised one bit, 30% off is literally unheard of for these boots. I checked online from September to March and this is the first time I've seen anything like it. For sizing, I can tell you this. I did not end up keeping the boots but here is how it fit me.

I wear a 12.5 in NIke free running shoes
    I wear a 12 in regular Nike sneakers
    I wear an 11.5 in Allen Edmond McAllister
    I wear a 12 in BR suede oxfords
    I wear a 12 in Tretorn Canvas sneakers
    I wear a 12 in Sebago Brattle.

For these boots, a 12, 11.5, and even 11 were too large. They def run big. I eventually tried a 10.5. I'm not even sure if that fit comfortably enough. I walked around the house a little bit before I returned them to Nordstrom. The fit still felt a lil off to me. Maybe I need to just break them in. Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YackoYak View Post
    Any tips on if the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots run large or small? A lot of the brown sizes are out.

The black actually doesn't look as bad with the stacked heel.
    They run about a half size larger than dress shoes. For sizing info you can check this website:http://feetlot.com/ It's run by a guy really who's really active in reddit's male fashion advice. It's trustworthy and he actually operates it at a loss.

$240 is a good price for these but you can find better if you really look. Also, black is very frequently on sale in the $200-220 range, so I'd pass on this if you're planning on getting black.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where and when do you frequently find the Wolverines on sale? This comes up on here occasionally, and you are the first person who has been able to find frequent sales of more than 30% off. I think we would all benefit from more details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJG Esq View Post
    They run about a half size larger than dress shoes. For sizing info you can check this website:http://feetlot.com/ It's run by a guy really who's really active in reddit's male fashion advice. It's trustworthy and he actually operates it at a loss.

$240 is a good price for these but you can find better if you really look. Also, black is very frequently on sale in the $200-220 range, so I'd pass on this if you're planning on getting black.
    Great info, thank you sir. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the sales; I was looking to get the black pair.
    My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Seriously! I must be a bad shopper , I spent months looking online for these boots and this is the first time I ever saw them for less than $300.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One thing to note is that these boots are made from chromexcel leather. They stretch a ton in how the width feels, so they are somewhat difficult to size.

If you ultimately want them to feel snug on your feet post-break-in, you may have to deal with them being uncomfortably tight during initial wearings (but not so much that you feel pain). Another option is to just buy the size that feels right at first and be prepared to use an insole after they stretch.