Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costco Kirkland Polarized sunglasses $26.49 2 styles tortoise Wayfare/black Aviator

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Costco Kirkland Polarized sunglasses $26.49 2 styles tortoise Wayfare/black Aviator

They feel very sturdy. The Aviators are made in Japan and the Wayfarers are made in Italy. The Tortoise Shell Wayfarers are about the size of the Knockaround Premiums as seen in the second picture. I have a medium leaning slightly small head and they fit great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got some Kirkland sunglasses last year and they are great. I have found Costco rebrands quality merchandise as Kirkland. Dare I say those sunglasses retail for over $100 if they had the other companies name on it.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was comparing them to my Wayfarer IIs and they are pretty close - maybe a little darker than the RBs and the RBs are a little flatter at the base of the lenses. Maybe that's what contributes to the Wayfarer IIs straighter lines than the originals. Overall, if you save $50-$75 bucks and they look good on you then they're a good deal!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    So how do those compare in size to the New Wayfarers? I almost picked up those tortise shells the other day.

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Very interesting, looking for a new pair but I don't like the shape of traditional wayfarers since the lense bows in. I recently misplaced my favorite pair, a William Rast version of the wayfarer.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I picked up a pair of the tortoise shell Wayfarers this weekend and I must say I'm very impressed with the quality. I've only worn them a couple of times, but the frames seem very sturdy and they're nice and light without feeling cheap. I have a tall, fairly average width head and they fit me perfectly. Can't hardly beat a pair of Italian-made, polarized pair of Wayfarers for less than $30!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I saw them in-store the other day but passed because they didn't have any unwrapped ones to try on. Kinda moronic if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redford View Post

They feel very sturdy. The Aviators are made in Japan and the Wayfarers are made in Italy. The Tortoise Shell Wayfarers are about the size of the Knockaround Premiums as seen in the second picture. I have a medium leaning slightly small head and they fit great.
    Can you give measurements for both pair. What is the lens width, total width, and temple length. if possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are the Kirkland Signature 55/18 145 Tortoise Sunglasses for sale?
    Thank you
    Neil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are you able to return them if you open the package? (in case it doesnt look right on my face)