Thread: J Crew Vs. Charles Tyrwhitt Cardigan

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

J Crew Vs. Charles Tyrwhitt Cardigan

Wondering what you guys think of in terms of style and versatility (i.e. the ability to be casual and/or slightly more formal), between the two? J Crew's donegal wool cable cardigan (http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...5831/55831.jsp). Or CT's cable shawl collar cardigan (http://www.ctshirts.com/Oatmeal-cabl...||||||||||||)?

I currently have the JCrew, but really like the CT, and am just not sure there's room in the wardrobe for both, so trying to narrow it down. Thanks for any perspectives and opinions.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Your life will not significantly improve if you get the CT one. That said I do like the cable pattern better than the donegal one but I prefer the color on the J. Crew.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I didn't love the fit of the CT cardigan and wound up returning it (pic here). It was not very tapered and felt baggy to me. the pattern was very nice, though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    @redford: lol @ the first sentence.

@redbeardedmike: I didn't think that looked bad. Thanks for sharing, though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    @TDurden - Yeah, I know that people liked the fit on that one in that linked thread as well. It looked/felt baggy on me. The picture really didn't capture the fit very well. It's weird that something showed up fitting better in pictures than it did in real life.

Anyway if you're curious on dimensions, you can ask the customer service rep for measurements.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    It looks like the JCrew one is sold out. If the CT cardigan was a lighter color I would be al over it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)
    Thread Revival:

I am really interested in one of the navy cardigans from Charles Tyrwitt, but I have never bought anything from them before. It is currently priced "$110. Was $200. You save $90" but all their products seem to have similar wording on the prices.

Question: Does anyone know if CT holds sales on their regular merchandise like Brooks Brothers or JCrew (ex- 25% off sales)? (not just putting items into the sales section). I don't want to buy it right now, then find a 25% off site-wide sale next week.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    LCDR, Charles Tyrwhitt holds monthly sales and seasonal sales. They also send out 10 ($15) gift cards to regular shoppers every few months. It's very easy to find an item that you like on sale.